Is the UFC testing your fanhood?

They're testing my fanhood's testosterone levels.

Your fan-manhood.

But honestly, I've been having a blast with all this crazy shit. It's making Sherdog more like how it was before MMA started getting popular.

They haven't tested my fanhood of MMA, just have tested my fanhood of the UFC brand and caused me to have a much greater appreciation for Bellator, WSOF, and One FC

I like the fighters they have signed.

Maybe look at it this way:
Some people consider boxing the greatest sport ever,
but detest the "business side" of it.

You can be a fan of MMA and appreciate the fighters
while still opposing the policies of the UFC, NAC, etc.

Despite what some regular posters think, MMA is not
synonymous with UFC.

Despite what Jon Jones does, I still enjoy watching the AXS-TV cards on Fridays, Titan FC on CBS Sports, streams of oversees cards, etc.
This does nothing to keep me from getting excited about some new up and comer climbing the mid level ranks, that sort of thing. I'll still be watching every UFC, Bellator WSOF card I can too.

I don't necessarily agree with how other sports are run either, but I still like the ones I like.

Between the over-saturation of fight cards, fighters pulling out of fights like never before, the signing of CM Punk, the PPV price raise after we were told there would be no more, the Reebok deal screwing fighters out of sponsors, the major lawsuit, and this whole Jon Jones debacle and possible cover up, its safe to say that it has been an interesting time for the UFC.
You honestly think I give a fuck about Reebok and lawsuits?

Yes. I am becoming less of a fan.

I'm rooting for Bellator more & more each day.

I hope Coker goes the Strikeforce 2.0 route. It worked before and had a little of that Pride showmanship pizazz with the fighter intros, pre card fighter lineups, etc. He'll start building his own prospects too. I'd say his old Strikeforce roster is doing pretty well in the UFC all in all.

They've never tested for my fanhood out of competition. I think I'm safe.

They haven't tested my fanhood of MMA, just have tested my fanhood of the UFC brand and caused me to have a much greater appreciation for Bellator, WSOF, and One FC

And KSW, M-1 Global, RFA, Tachi Palace (right here on Sherdog streaming), BAMMA, Cage Warriors, and few I'm forgetting.

I guess so, yes. It's a business so I don't really give a flying fuck, but if they do a Lawler-Hendricks rematch and give Silva a title shot off a win over Diaz I won't be buying those PPVs. That isn't in protest but simply because I don't care to see those fights so why would I spend the money on them?

Dumb question. That's like saying to a footie fan are you a fna of F.I.F.A or U.E.F.A

I'm not a fan of the UFC. I am a fan of certain fighters IN the UFC.

And KSW, M-1 Global, RFA, Tachi Palace (right here on Sherdog streaming), BAMMA, Cage Warriors, and few I'm forgetting.

I haven't watched most of those, but I view the local shows here, and used to watch every Titan (Bobby Lashley and some decent guys but no great prospects) and Legacy (Cejudo and Holm) and RFA (they were looking real legit for awhile with some high level wrestlers and Thatch, but they don't seem like they were able to hold on to their good signings and aren't getting as good of prospects as they once were).

There is just so much quality MMA out there right now that I have a hard time giving money over to a guy I can't stand (Dana)

Things I have problems with

-Silva/Weidman 3 If anderson beats Diaz.
-Lawler vs Hendricks 3
-Jon jones doing coke and getting off CLEAN.

All in the first week of this year. It's going to be a wild ride it seems

People are complaining about more fight cards, but others are complaining when there is a weekend with no fights. At least the fight night events are free and they are not charging for every card.

Hiking the prices up a little after saying they wouldn't is not favorable but thats business.

Love the fighters hate the organization

Without the organization, how would you ever see these fighters fight??

And its not the evil organization that makes fighters take PEDs or lie about taking them, or get hurt in training, or pull out of fights, or miss weight, or only fight at 70%, or run during fights, get in trouble with the law, and its not even the org. that seeks out famous (famous?) ppl like CM Punk to join the org...Punk & Lesnar sought then out

I think the UFC is doing the very best they can with what they've got

Back