Is the UFC testing your fanhood?

SKWERT

White Belt
Reaction score
Between the over-saturation of fight cards, fighters pulling out of fights like never before, the signing of CM Punk, the PPV price raise after we were told there would be no more, the Reebok deal screwing fighters out of sponsors, the major lawsuit, and this whole Jon Jones debacle and possible cover up, its safe to say that it has been an interesting time for the UFC.

For me it definitely is testing my fanhood. I WANT TO LOVE THE SPORT LIKE I USED TO, but I can't. I find myself only interested in the big and kinda big fights. I've learned to take everything Dana says with a grain of salt. Literally everything. And times is hard man why they gotta go and hurt my pockets more?!

I definitely don't automatically watch because its a UFC event anymore. I miss the old days :icon_cry2

No. But it regardless is disappointing seeing champions or former champions only go 19% or 70%.

I'm still a fan, but the legitimacy of the UFC is being tainted for sure, undeserved title shots, signings and overall decisions that have been going on lately are fucking ridiculous.

Maybe look at it this way:
Some people consider boxing the greatest sport ever,
but detest the "business side" of it.

You can be a fan of MMA and appreciate the fighters
while still opposing the policies of the UFC, NAC, etc.

Despite what some regular posters think, MMA is not
synonymous with UFC.

If they did then they'd find my interest to entertainment levels are low.

At times yes. Most recently it was the ufc 182 prelims in Canada. I pay for fightpass and was told I could not watch the prelims until after 10pm due to broadcast restrictions.

But I got over that and just cancelled my subscription and downloaded the prelims anyways. Fightpass really needs some work if they want it to be better then the free stuff that's out there.

No. Only shertards are shaken by the TMZ drama. This is their Miley Cyrus twerking moment.

Yes! I don't feel like I am watching the big show like I used to. Dana White: One of the problems with boxing is there is too many weight classes, look how many they have added and plans to add more. Dana White: This isn't really one of those country vs country sports people in America will cheer for GSP and Canadians will cheer for Anderson Silva yet their main thing now is to stack cards with locals and put just a couple good fights on ppv sometimes just 1. I don't have the excitement for fights like I used to. I have learned that the UFC is operated as a popularity contest and not as a sport about who is the best in the world. I remember Dana also saying in boxing it is all about how much money can we all put in our pockets right now yet the UFC seems to be all about that right now. I just cant handle the playing of favorites, the lower talent level and the oversaturated cards and too many shows

No but I cannot stand most of the fans and the media and how negative everything is all the time. It's sickening and depressing, everyone acting all PC all the time.

No. I love mma, hate the ufc so, love/hate... wish Pride was still around.

No, the sport is great like this.

Back