Is the UFC Really Making a 145 lb Female Division?

Yea and they all say the same. mmajunkie, cagepotato, mmafighting, foxsports, bloodyelbow. I'll be happy to read more, but I have yet to find anything where Cyborg denies it.
Good chance she might not be clean right now.

Bro you can't be serious! Do you follow any reputable MMA news source or ingest any MMA content outside of the actual fighting?

No way not 125. That would just divide what are already the two weakest divisions in UFC.

Dividing those divisions really isn't so bad. The more that fighters are able to fight in their ideal weight division, rather than in one not suited for them, the better the quality of fights we'll see.

Also alot more fun to see "big people" fight,, I think most people would agree on that
More knockouts! way to go

back-up plans for keeping Ronda around.

If Ronda fails against Nunes, she doesn't have to automatically retire. They can book her in another title fight at 145 for an easier cut on her part, without having to fight Cyborg for the belt.

Rematching Holly isn't going to be cake, but would still perhaps be enticing for Ronda, compared to having to possibly fight Cyborg for it.

So these chicks walk around at ... 160ish?

Yeesh. I hate to be THAT guy but ...

Yeah, I'm that guy.

200w.gif

Yea and they all say the same. mmajunkie, cagepotato, mmafighting, foxsports, bloodyelbow. I'll be happy to read more, but I have yet to find anything where Cyborg denies it.
Good chance she might not be clean right now.
So you're obviously mistaken about 'many times'... and the reasons behind not being able to sign.

Im affraid you do not know what many means. Any amount higher than one is many. Oh so she was offered and did not sign by your own words. Im sorry if your a Cyborg fan, but it is what it is.

So you're obviously mistaken about 'many times'... and the reasons behind not being able to sign.

Germaine de Randamie pulls out of every other fight she's booked for. She's been around since the start of the W BW division and has only fought 4 times since 2013. The first W FW fight could very well include Cyborg.
I did not realize this, very interesting. Any background info on all of the withdrawals? Id think youd do everything in your power to make it to an essentially gifted title fight, but it wouldnt surprise me if the UFC was just using her temporarily to force Cyborgs hand. #TinFoilTime

135 had a tournament in SF before it ever came to the UFC.

People complain about Rousey and the UFC. Say they built the division around her. At least six 135 fighters were signed in the first week the UFC announced they were adding the division. In all the months of talking about 145 in the UFC, the only fighter most people mention is Cyborg. Very occasionally someone will mention Anderson, who has only been fighting for about 3 years. Absolutely everything else is 'well, if the UFC adds 145 the talent will just magically appear' and 'a lot of 135 fighters can just move up.' This is not something anyone said when Zuffa shifted 135 to the UFC. And even then, the only 145 fighter that still had a SF contract was Cyborg. the SF 145 division fell apart because it was down to 1 fighter. That was never the case with WBW.

Im affraid you do not know what many means. Any amount higher than one is many. Oh so she was offered and did not sign by your own words. Im sorry if your a Cyborg fan, but it is what it is.

If by MANY you mean two. Then yes, many. As in: how MANY? Two.
But you said "many" as it colloquially used to imply larger amounts. You could have said a 'couple' (which would be correct) or 'a few' (which would still sound wrong). It was implied as if she were a problem with turning down fights.

She is in fact the opposite. She has been killing her body to make the fights they have already offered her at a weight which doesn't exist. To fight for a belt at an even lower class, which would ruin her further.

They then go and great a whole 145 division in a hurry with a roster of 1 (her) but offer the belt to two 135 ers, one of which is coming off a loss. She is the only 145 er they have and she is not fighting. She is the reason the division exists now.

Her body is so fucked she could not make the first date of 8 eight weeks notice. Her body is so fucked she can't even make the second offer in what would normally be considered a reasonable time. She is not turning down fights, she is turning down time periods in which to make those fights - which are only unhealthy time periods because they only offered her fights at unhealthy weight classes that don't even exist!

What is the point of this title fight needing to be on without her?
I'm not a Cyborg fan (or any other fan, except maybe Nick Diaz) I'm a fight fan. But they are disrespecting the fuck out of a good fighter, a nice person, a top employee, and anyone can see this. I'm calling bullshit when I see it, thats all. Now I'm some fan boy?!

I see your point. The first reply I got the impression that you meant they didn't give her any offers.
What they should do but they wont is have the winner then fight Cyborg for the belt. If I were the UFC I would have the title fight be Cyborg vs Germaine. Hopefully 2017 will be better for UFC with the new owners.

If by MANY you mean two. Then yes, many. As in: how MANY? Two.
But you said "many" as it colloquially used to imply larger amounts. You could have said a 'couple' (which would be correct) or 'a few' (which would still sound wrong). It was implied as if she were a problem with turning down fights.

She is in fact the opposite. She has been killing her body to make the fights they have already offered her at a weight which doesn't exist. To fight for a belt at an even lower class, which would ruin her further.

They then go and great a whole 145 division in a hurry with a roster of 1 (her) but offer the belt to two 135 ers, one of which is coming off a loss. She is the only 145 er they have and she is not fighting. She is the reason the division exists now.

Her body is so fucked she could not make the first date of 8 eight weeks notice. Her body is so fucked she can't even make the second offer in what would normally be considered a reasonable time. She is not turning down fights, she is turning down time periods in which to make those fights - which are only unhealthy time periods because they only offered her fights at unhealthy weight classes that don't even exist!

What is the point of this title fight needing to be on without her?
I'm not a Cyborg fan (or any other fan, except maybe Nick Diaz) I'm a fight fan. But they are disrespecting the fuck out of a good fighter, a nice person, a top employee, and anyone can see this. I'm calling bullshit when I see it, thats all. Now I'm some fan boy?!

Back