is the UFC hoping max protects conor from Tony?

Fuck Conor he needs to be fighting kabib

It's going to be ashame if we don't get to see Ferg v Kabib some day. The pre-fight trash talk would be epic and kabibs crew would def try to jump Tony before, after, or during the fight.
They already did, they cornered Ferguson’s team back stage

S..t theory becomes an habit i see..
If max try to win a pace fight with tony he will lose for sure, he has not the power for finish him and certainly he can't use jiujitsu.

Think about it? Max is a pretty bad mother fucker. He matches up with tony 10x better than conor does. If he can win they THINK he can beat max again but im pretty sure 2019 max tko's conor pretty easily via pace. Im 100% sold on this theory but i think its something to think about. what do you guys think?
Don't see Max matching up better against Tony than Conor does, outside of the ability to go 5 hard rounds.

There's really nothing Max has demonstrated thus far that would prove It. We haven't seen his grappling, limited moments of his takedown defense, beyond that It's all been his boxing, cardio, pressure n things of that nature.

I believe Conor matches up quite well against Tony, the caveat being It's hard to gauge exactly which Conor will show up at this stage. Nate is a tougher stylistic threat on the feet than Tony Is, particularly factoring In that those fights happened at 170 pounds with a 15 pound weight disadvantage or so.

Tony by comparison often leaves himself greatly exposed on the feet and while he has many tools, I wouldn't necessarily say he shines In any one of them. His boxing his most threatening feature on the feet. Against Conor, someone who Is an excellent counter fighter, has arguably the best boxing In MMA(At his best at least)..Tony would have a lot of problems.

The gameplan would be like many other fighters against Conor, attempt to wear him down and drag him into the deeper waters, utilize pressure during those moments where he begins to fade. Mixing In takedowns perhaps. I just don't see that fight going very well for Tony on the feet at all, he'd need to wrestle and that's not something we've actually seen of Tony..so It's not something I'd be willing to bet on him winning the fight with.

Especially considering Conor's TDD is better than many think, along with his cardio at this stage.

tony Is not without his methods of victory but I personally believe Conor stylistically matches up better against Tony than the other way around. Nate at 170 pounds was a tougher style matchup and he managed to win a 5 round decision. The exception to this would be Conor beating himself before the fight even begins, which Is highly likely.

That said, I also think that Tony matches up well against Khabib. Better than most in the division, styles make fights.

Last edited:
It's going to be ashame if we don't get to see Ferg v Kabib some day. The pre-fight trash talk would be epic and kabibs crew would def try to jump Tony before, after, or during the fight.
There's plenty of trash talk between the two from their 4 cancelled fights.

But yeah this fight has to happen.

No Conor is protecting Conor from Tony, by ducking the fuck out of him.

Remember a year or 2 ago, after Tony beat Lee and was calling Conor out. Conor went on maternity leave and ducked Tony hard - has been ever since.

Don't see Max matching up better against Tony than Conor does, outside of the ability to go 5 hard rounds.

There's really nothing Max has demonstrated thus far that would prove It. We haven't seen his grappling, limited moments of his takedown defense, beyond that It's all been his boxing, cardio, pressure n things of that nature.

I believe Conor matches up quite well against Tony, the caveat being It's hard to gauge exactly which Conor will show up at this stage. Nate is a tougher stylistic threat on the feet than Tony Is, particularly factoring In that those fights happened at 170 pounds with a 15 pound weight disadvantage or so.

Tony by comparison often leaves himself greatly exposed on the feet and while he has many tools, I wouldn't necessarily say he shines In any one of them. His boxing his most threatening feature on the feet. Against Conor, someone who Is an excellent counter fighter, has arguably the best boxing In MMA(At his best at least)..Tony would have a lot of problems.

The gameplan would be like many other fighters against Conor, attempt to wear him down and drag him into the deeper waters, utilize pressure during those moments where he begins to fade. Mixing In takedowns perhaps. I just don't see that fight going very well for Tony on the feet at all, he'd need to wrestle and that's not something we've actually seen of Tony..so It's not something I'd be willing to bet on him winning the fight with.

Especially considering Conor's TDD is better than many think, along with his cardio at this stage.

tony Is not without his methods of victory but I personally believe Conor stylistically matches up better against Tony than the other way around. Nate at 170 pounds was a tougher style matchup and he managed to win a 5 round decision. The exception to this would be Conor beating himself before the fight even begins, which Is highly likely.

That said, I also think that Tony matches up well against Khabib. Better than most in the division, styles make fights.

I appreciate the break down but i dont agree with all of it. Conor has a 70% TDD rate which is MUCH lower than max at 83%. I get that conor has faced better (and bigger)wrestlers than max but he didn't stuff them when he did. He has been taken down by Diaz and Seiver of all people. He was absolutely man handled vs good wrestlers in mendes (before gasing good win from conor) and khabib .

Cardio is the problem like you said. Conor will wilt from tony's pressure SO MUCH MORE than max. Its been proven now that conor simply cant fight hard for 5 rounds without gassing. That is a MAJOR MAJOR problem vs tony.

I feel like both max and conor have the edge in power, the difference being conor seems more likely to actually knock tony out. If he doesnt knock tony out though he will end up in a bad spot like in Diaz vs conor 1.

I love diaz but no way in hell is he a tougher match up than tony. Diaz is as predictable as any fighter in the history of MMA. Tony is a fucking wild card and will use a variety of attacks where as diaz is literally almost always only going to box you, unless YOU take him down. that 5 round decsion was him surviving. he would not survive in round 4 and 5 with tony walking him down. Tony will be on his ass, in his face taunting, Not throwing his hands up rampage style in a half hearted attempted to chase. Tony is a terminator lol. Just imagine what would happen to conors brand if he ends up gassed, bloody, running away from tony and then gets beat down with blood leaking everywhere. It will be hard to recover from that shit lol, and thats a likley outcome.

The way i see it, its either conor by TKO in round 1, or Tony by TKO in round 3 or 4.

Lastly, my point wasnt about the match up with conor..its that i think they feel he matches up better with max than with Tony. I think thats not a good way to look at it but thats what they are thinking IMO.

Back