Is the UFC hard selling Volk vs Ortega?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hard selling the fight meaning they filmed an entire season of TUF based on these two fighters as coaches, as if this is one giant blockbuster fight about to happen.

Or is this giant delay just injury related and disguised as TUF?

I'm not completely sold on Volk as champ.
He hasn't had many title defenses. It doesn't make sense to me why they are heavily promoting him on huge marquee like that.

I'd rather see a season of TUF with Usman as coach against another killer in the WW division.
Even Chandler vs Poirer would've been a great idea for a season of TUF.

The UFC does a great job thinking short term and not long term. They knew they had an upcoming season of TUF, saw that Volk was nursing an injury and thought they should put Volk and Ortega in as the coaches. At least we'll be able to see how good of coaches they are.

Hard selling the fight meaning they filmed an entire season of TUF based on these two fighters as coaches, as if this is one giant blockbuster fight about to happen.

He hasn't had many title defenses. It doesn't make sense to me why they are heavily promoting him on huge marquee like that.

I'd rather see a season of TUF with Usman as coach against another killer in the WW division.

Volk is boring and shouldve lost against Holloway.

Not the blockbuster fight necessarily

well this is the fight im looking forward to the most for this year.

was bummed it couldnt happen when it was originally meant to.

Yes, it definitely sounds a lil fishy. Maybe they think Ortega will be good for ratings or smth. Volk is just such a meh champion to me. Controversial decision against Max and just bland af to me, by no fault of his own**shrug.**

Best TUF coaches , champ vs contender, they could do at the time for filming. Only thing better would have been Stipe vs Ngannou / Jones...

Ortega is a great opponent for a boring fighter like Volk. He will win or die trying! Constant pressure and a head made of concrete. Charisma for the show and a chance to win. Well played!

Its obvious they are trying to promote Volk because he isn't popular despite being champ

Its obvious they are trying to promote Volk because he isn't popular despite being champ

And the Aussie market is small but I’d imagine fairly significant for the UFC, particularly given we are having full crowds at events these days, they might want him to fight down here before the end of the year.

The UFC always does this...Anytime a fight doesn't seem to be signed and able to book soon they do TUF to lead up to it. It's not always the biggest fight it's usually just create build for a fight that isn't going to happen for a bit.

Ortega's a good looking dude. He'll be good for the teenage girls demographics. He also will do well in the all important homosexual male population. I'll take north-south position for 1000 Alex!

Volk is a legit champ, yes he may have lost his last fight but it was close and close fights favor the champ. That’s kind of the unwritten rule in MMA, we know the rules. He also completely dominated Max in the 1st fight so in retrospect he looked better overall taking both fights into account.

Don’t sleep on the possibility of Volk knocking Ortega out, I feel like people forgot that under his point fighting style, there are moments where he shows incredible power and speed. Imo he knocks Ortega out.

Volk is a legit champ, yes he may have lost his last fight but it was close and close fights favor the champ. That’s kind of the unwritten rule in MMA, we know the rules. He also completely dominated Max in the 1st fight so in retrospect he looked better overall taking both fights into account.

Don’t sleep on the possibility of Volk knocking Ortega out, I feel like people forgot that under his point fighting style, there are moments where he shows incredible power and speed. Imo he knocks Ortega out.
I'm not sold on new and improved Ortega. I think Volk wins also.

Back