Is the UFC doomed now that the Liberal Hollywood Elite control it?

Good question. What would this Hollywood legend say?

a177a744b9957a3e7f5265bd4d4f9a5d-252x300.jpg

http://www.boxinginsider.com/mma/the-octagon-a-man-named-milius-and-his-imprint-on-the-ufc/

It would be very difficult to chronicle the early history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship without mentioning the considerable part played in it by a man named John Milius. Not many fans of the UFC’s second “incarnation” are aware of it, nor the fact that Milius is in fact the famous “name” that helped create interest in the sport on the part of investors and television outlets in the first place. But those who were closest to this colorful genius were not surprised at all that his fertile, creative mind could provide some of the impetus behind the growing sport of mixed martial arts.Milius gamed much notoriety in Hollywood as a writer-director. He was nominated for an Oscar in 1980 as he co-wrote (with Francis Ford Coppola) the screenplay for “Apocalypse Now.” He also directed such films as “Red Dawn,” “Clear and Present Danger” and perhaps most famously, “Conan the Barbarian” (starring the future California governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger). He also wrote the screenplay for “Magnum Force” and was an uncredited writer on “Dirty Harry.” Milius is responsible for two of the most famous lines in motion picture history: “Go ahead, make my day,” uttered by Clint Eastwood’s character, Harry Callahan, in “Dirty Harry” and “I love the smell of napalm in the morning,” spoken by Robert Duvall in “Apocalypse Now.”

So the idea is that propoganda can infiltrate the sport?

i have a really hard time concepting an idea how you can get a political message across a (somewhat brutal) combat sport without appearing obvious in your intentions (and therefore more open to scrutiny)

and also what kind of voting base you would be catering to. combat is the antipolitic. combat oriented groups are the last people you would want to spend effort in swaying.

heres an analysis from scarborough research showing leftright lean and turnout. ufc and extreme sports being on the low end

How-Politics-Correlate-With-Sports-Interests_FULL.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!

Am I the only one that noticed WNBA at -120 Democratic skew.

facepalm.jpg

Good question. What would this Hollywood legend say?

a177a744b9957a3e7f5265bd4d4f9a5d-252x300.jpg

http://www.boxinginsider.com/mma/the-octagon-a-man-named-milius-and-his-imprint-on-the-ufc/

It would be very difficult to chronicle the early history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship without mentioning the considerable part played in it by a man named John Milius. Not many fans of the UFC’s second “incarnation” are aware of it, nor the fact that Milius is in fact the famous “name” that helped create interest in the sport on the part of investors and television outlets in the first place. But those who were closest to this colorful genius were not surprised at all that his fertile, creative mind could provide some of the impetus behind the growing sport of mixed martial arts.Milius gamed much notoriety in Hollywood as a writer-director. He was nominated for an Oscar in 1980 as he co-wrote (with Francis Ford Coppola) the screenplay for “Apocalypse Now.” He also directed such films as “Red Dawn,” “Clear and Present Danger” and perhaps most famously, “Conan the Barbarian” (starring the future California governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger). He also wrote the screenplay for “Magnum Force” and was an uncredited writer on “Dirty Harry.” Milius is responsible for two of the most famous lines in motion picture history: “Go ahead, make my day,” uttered by Clint Eastwood’s character, Harry Callahan, in “Dirty Harry” and “I love the smell of napalm in the morning,” spoken by Robert Duvall in “Apocalypse Now.”
I'd never heard of him; he's certainly left his mark in film!

-wrote the line "go ahead, make my day"
-directed Conan
-helped secure many of the donors to start the UFC
-conceived having fight in the cage

Article was a good read, thanks for sharing such badassery!

We shouldn't be surprised when we start seeing participation belts, a "people of color" division, a transgender division, only Liberal fighters getting pushes, and trigger warnings on UFC cards. They'll probably make fighters start apologizing to each other after fights with a big "THESE FIGHTERS DO NOT ACTUALLY HATE EACH OTHER" scrolling across the screen.

Another downside, SJWs now have direct access to a combat sport and WME will more than likely start bowing to their demands. "Michael Bisping isn't diverse or progressive enough, we need a different MW champion!" On top of all the schmaltzy Hollywood bullshit that will start infecting MMA, the political side is going to get far more annoying.

Thoughts?
What a horrific thread. Are you trolling?

I'd never heard of him; he's certainly left his mark in film!

-wrote the line "go ahead, make my day"
-directed Conan
-helped secure many of the donors to start the UFC
-conceived heading fight in the cage

Article was a good read, thanks for sharing such badassery!

I'm regretful that that dude wasn't my uncle. :mad::(:(:(

And we partially owe this to him as well. Can't imagine Jaws without it. I read Shaw even had to chop it down because it was just too much.

Transgender fighters are only a matter of time. Fallon Fox is 5-1 with all wins by finish. The UFC will either have to hire him at some point, or he might even think about sueing for employment discrimination.

BREAKING: Lena Dunham to replace Joe Rogan as UFC commentator

So when all these crazy predictions fail to pan out, will you just forget you made them and make similarly bad predictions again in the future? I'm guessing yes.

More than likely they'll all come true, and you'll pretend that they are all good decisions, and that you supported them from the start.

No, it will be fine. On the plus side maybe they'll get rid of that stupid fucking 'Bring the Pain' 90s numetal song that they still inexplicably use.

We taking votes on the replacement?

Back