Nintendo Is the switch still worth a purchase in 2023?

Super Mario Odyssey is near perfection. Breath of the Wild and Smash Ultimate are also amazing.

Those are all old games though, havent touched my switch except for when people come over then i will still play smash, mario kart, or jackbox.

I want to get tears of the kingdom but wont pay full price for it.

Bought "This war of mine" with all the dlc and extras for $1.99 on the switch last night... That alone might be worth it... It's an awesome system...

What do you guys think? I have always wanted to buy one and I have at least 5 titles that I've been dying g to play. In 2023, do you think it's still worth a purchase or would you hold out for new hardware?

I've been told on Reddit that Nintendo said it's in the midway point of its lifecycle. If that's the case, I'll definitely make the purchase but I'm having a hard time believing it.
The exclusives make it worth the purchase for sure, but the tough pill to swallow for me is that the games don't really drop much in price if at all from MSRP. But yeah -- Super Mario Odyssey was such a gem, as are many others. If you're more into mature content, I would argue that it isn't worth it, but for the games you can't play on other platforms, I feel it's worth it.

Thread echoing my own thoughts. I want a Switch for Nintendo exclusives, particularly the Zelda games. I'm meh on trying emulators
The Switch is awesome. I basically play Switch and PC. That's it.
I've a PC and have been going through the dilemma of whether a Switch is worth it. This thread is helping me toward a decision

Thread echoing my own thoughts. I want a Switch for Nintendo exclusives, particularly the Zelda games. I'm meh on trying emulators

I've a PC and have been going through the dilemma of whether a Switch is worth it. This thread is helping me toward a decision
If it helps, ToTK is probably the best game of the decade. People will call me a Nintendo shill.

The truth is that with the Switch, depending on your taste in games, you have everything you need, to say nothing of all the Indie options available.

Bought "This war of mine" with all the dlc and extras for $1.99 on the switch last night... That alone might be worth it... It's an awesome system...

Nice, just downloaded it. Thanks for the recommendation.

I bought a Switch OLED 2 weeks ago for Zelda and had no idea how many great indie games this console has. I've been loving it so far.

Switch is def worth it .. Mario maker 2 has millions of great levels , odyssey was amazing, botw, tears if the kingdom , mariokart , splatoon … the nes player on it has the original two Zelda games … I play my switch a lot. Switch and pc basically all I game on

Super Metroid, Zeld LttP, Super Mario Kart and Mario 64 were some of the best games I've ever played. However, I then played Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart DD and Mario Galaxy.

I'm sure the latest iterations are great but it's getting a bit repetitive.

Its got an insane level of high quality first party titles, best console for party games and it's also the only handheld currently on the market.

Last edited:
Nintendo has the worst online service.

It has both KOTORs. Worth it for that alone.

Back