Is the pride era dead and gone?

kipbrenton

White Belt
Reaction score
It seems to me all the pride fighters are past their prime and on there way to retirement. I think when pride was at the top of there game it was the most exciting time in mma, with all these stars past their prime I'm kinda finding the Mma world a little boring. Can anyone think of a pride fighter that still has a championship run in them?

1. Reem
2. Pride was a long time ago, in a sport where guys age fast
3. Reem

Anderson, Overeem, and Dan Henderson are still going strong.

They are pretty few anymore. Hendo, Reem, maybe Shogun if he can figure out how to right the ship. When Hendo loses again I won't be surprised if he calls it a career then.

Not quite, but its getting really close. Fighters mentioned above are still producing, but in 3-5 years, it will be over.

pridedead.jpg

To me Silva isn't really a PRIDE guy like Wanderlei or Shogun because he was more successful in the UFC. Hendo is on the last leg of his career with the help of TRT and Overeem is on suspension for failing a drug test.

Anderson
Hendo
Barnett
Overeem
Melendez* (part-time PRIDE)

Not any more "dead" than the "UFC Era" of the time...

Chuck?
Randy?
Tim Sylvia?
Arlovski?
Franklin?

There are some Pridies still fighting to be sure, but the Pride era ended about 5 years ago.

It seems to me all the pride fighters are past their prime and on there way to retirement. I think when pride was at the top of there game it was the most exciting time in mma, with all these stars past their prime I'm kinda finding the Mma world a little boring. Can anyone think of a pride fighter that still has a championship run in them?

No Gomi gonna be champ lol

You are aware that Anderson Silva is champion are you not? Henderson will probably get another title shot before he retires.

Back