Is the kicking game the best strategy for cowboy?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I belive it is, if he is able to mantein distance and punish conor with body kicks and eventualy aim for the head he can get a knockaut, or maybe fake a high kick and take conor down, either way i dont belive he really has the wrestling to take conor down like khabib did, he needs to go for a fake and then take him down

Clinch and maintaining distance in the first and second. Conor starts making a lot of defensive errors when he's tired, start ripping the body and when he starts blocking to the body go for a head kick or shoot a double.

Cerrone's kicking is just going to get countered with straight punches. This is a horrible stylistic match up for Cerrone, I really can't see him winning. Leg kicks and takedowns are the key to victory but even those will be risky. There's a reason Conor picked Cerrone as his next fight and it's because (on paper) he's the easiest relevant match up. If Cerrone can pull it off somehow it would be very impressive

If conor is anything like his former self this should be over in the first minute.. cerrone is to slow and i can't really see him get a supernatural boxing defense over night..

It would however be glorious of cerrone caught him with a head kick.. amd cerrone headkicking someone isn't exactly a fluke..

he has to avoid that left

punch.gif

I belive it is, if he is able to mantein distance and punish conor with body kicks and eventualy aim for the head he can get a knockaut, or maybe fake a high kick and take conor down, either way i dont belive he really has the wrestling to take conor down like khabib did, he needs to go for a fake and then take him down
Gregor is to fast
Not gonna happen.gif

Yes. Kicking from long distance and mix it up with TD is the key for Cowboy to win. Unfortunately I'm afraid he won't do that and lose.

I dont think so. I think he needs to get inside and rough conor up,make it an ugly fight,and use any oppurtunity to get it to the ground. Giving Conor the space he needs seems like a bad idea to me.

I dont think so. I think he needs to get inside and rough conor up,make it an ugly fight,and use any oppurtunity to get it to the ground. Giving Conor the space he needs seems like a bad idea to me.
This. I think Cowboy can do nasty work from the clinch. Rip some knees, dirty box. Drag Conor down and gnp and look for a sub.

This. I think Cowboy can do nasty work from the clinch. Rip some knees, dirty box. Drag Conor down and gnp and look for a sub.
His knees are esp good. Instead of trying to catch conor coming in,he can get inside,do damage and knee on the way out.

Cerrone can get countered after throwing kicks like when he fought Masvidal.

Conor McGregor got very good and tight head kick defense.

Cowboy best strategy would be survive the first 7-8 minutes of the fight.

Then start to make it a grinding fight.

why play to his strength? conner is best at range, countering. cowboys striking has never been anywhere near as good as conners (4 years ago) and it would be stupid for him to play that game.

conner will come out strong, flashy and fast and try to put cowboy down quickly. if he keeps his distance and stays in control, unloading whenever he wants, he´ll be happy and go on to fight tony. if cowboy gets inside and makes him bleed for it, conner will give up and call it a day for mma career.

cowboy hopefully retires conner.

Clinch, pull guard and sub.

Obviously it's to stand in the pocket and box with Conor

Kicks from mid to long range, and when conor steps in to punch clinch or td or personally what I think he should do. But i'm clearly no professional, so Cowboy can follow his heart.

Back