Is the Formal Training Always Necessary?

Adnan Adil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
On the video below you can see a guy who knocks out another guy and knocks down his pal. In my humble opinion the "Street Rocky" hasn't any formal training. Do you believe that this is crazy luck or sometimes even the untrained people can achieve something on the streets?

On the video below you can see a guy who knocks out another guy and knocks down his pal. In my humble opinion the "Street Rocky" hasn't any formal training. Do you believe that this is crazy luck or sometimes even the untrained people can achieve something on the streets?

Not really

Iv seen a national level wrestler get kod by construction worker.

Iv seen kickboxer get kod by welder

Iv seen a drug dealer get leveled by taxi driver lmao

Not really

Iv seen a national level wrestler get kod by construction worker.

Iv seen kickboxer get kod by welder

Iv seen a drug dealer get leveled by taxi driver lmao

It looks like you have seen many interesting fights. :) Honestly I also don't believe that the training of some MA or CS guarantees you the victory on 100 percent. Also keep in mind that ther is always a chance for the weaker fighter to win. Even if you are some MMA champion s**t can happen to you, too. :)

It looks like you have seen many interesting fights. :) Honestly I also don't believe that the training of some MA or CS guarantees you the victory on 100 percent. Also keep in mind that ther is always a chance for the weaker fighter to win. Even if you are some MMA champion s**t can happen to you, too. :)

I used to work as a bouncer so i saw some fights

The human defense mechanism can be very effective

Ive too seen untrained do big thinhgs in street fights.

Another example, cause Ive trained most of my life, is a dude from my gym who was new, didnt do great in sparring sessions, and was average. But I seen him get in several street fights and he is HL reeling people LoL.

Gay ass Austin. Lots of bros like that down on 6th looking for trouble. That’s right where Roger Huerta went off on that dude. A lot of alcohol and hot chicks can give you some mean strength. I’ve seen it a bunch of times down there.

Matt Serra finished GSP, and the gap in their skill levels is much wider than some rando knocking out a amateur fighter.

Benji Radach got knocked out by some nobody with minimal training.

At the end of the day, any given grown man can put your lights out.

The human defense mechanism can be very effective

Ive too seen untrained do big thinhgs in street fights.

Another example, cause Ive trained most of my life, is a dude from my gym who was new, didnt do great in sparring sessions, and was average. But I seen him get in several street fights and he is HL reeling people LoL.

I completely agree with you. In the beginning every combat system is somehow strange for the average person and his or her fighting skills may actually decrease a little, but with the time you are learning the new way to fight effectively.

Matt Serra finished GSP, and the gap in their skill levels is much wider than some rando knocking out a amateur fighter.

Benji Radach got knocked out by some nobody with minimal training.

At the end of the day, any given grown man can put your lights out.

Yeah, everybody is always on a punch away from the victory... except he is facing Mark Hunt in his prime. :D

Yeah, everybody is always on a punch away from the victory... except he is facing Mark Hunt in his prime. :D

Even Prime Hunt got flatlined by a middleweight.

Even Prime Hunt got flatlined by a middleweight.
This was in K1... I don't accuse them of anything, but in Japan sometimes strange things happen, never mind. And yes- I was joking, everybody could be hurt by anybody.

There are no guarantees in any fight.
But, let's be realistic, a trained guy is going to have many advantages over someone without any training. The biggest determining factor is experience. Being able to keep your cool under fire is hugely important in tense situations.

it's not hard to KO someone who is not expecting it, the guy clearly has no training and doesn't even look like an athlete in how he throws a punch

Don't know if it counts as luck, that guy is pretty big and he just caught the first guy by surprise, and he was much bigger than the second guy.

What, he sucker punched the first guy and the second was half his size

James Toney only sparred
Many old (really old) boxers had no training when starting their careers (Jack Dempsey is a good example)
Also, there is always the punchers chance
By getting into fights you get better at fighting

But nonetheless!

My point is just that anyone can land a punch and you never know which punch is going to put you down.

True that..

What a fucking story.. "yeah, prime mark hunt charged me.. so i moved backwards and knocked him out with a subpar punch"..

Back