Is the Fat Boy division getting worse?!

MMA will never get into school athletic programs, because it's too violent. But that would be the key. That, or UFC spending money to develop young kids. For example "drafting" college wrestlers or young guys from martial arts tournaments and pay for their initial MMA training. Would probably be too expensive for them, though...

Hit a nerve fatboy? :cool:

Don't worry, nobody thinks you're some greasy fat kid with bully issues.

I think I might have hit a nerve. Fact is even the number 50 ranked HW [Who happens to be Bobby Lashley] wipes the floor with the majority of the UFC's roster.

As amazing as Mighty Mouse might be technically - He still gets his shit pushed in by Lashley. Same goes for most fighters between WW & MW & all fighters from LW down.

HW is 205lb + It's not their fault if the majority of the competition duck to the lighter weights.

I think I might have hit a nerve. Fact is even the number 50 ranked HW [Who happens to be Bobby Lashley] wipes the floor with the majority of the UFC's roster.

As amazing as Mighty Mouse might be technically - He still gets his shit pushed in by Lashley. Same goes for most fighters between WW & MW & all fighters from LW down.

HW is 205lb + It's not their fault if the majority of the competition duck to the lighter weights.

To be honest I wasn't being fair. Even the 250th ranked HW smashes the majority of the UFC's roster.

Where is this passion coming from? Did some large boys bully you when you were young or something? You know, it isn't about forgiving those boys as much as it is learning to forgive your self for being different.

We're being "forced" to watch this stuff... taking up spots from quality fighters, that's why.

~drp

Kinda the same thing in boxing if you think about it. The argument has always been that the best prospects these days at that size would rather train to play in the NBA or NFL. If they don't make it, then they usually try to get into coaching. The 6'3+ 220+ pound guys have things they can do that make more money consistently without getting punched in the face. The reason the smaller weight classes are always more competitive and filled with quality is that those cats don't have the same options. 5'6 135 pounds doesn't got the NFL's attention. I wouldn't hire a 5'7 145 pound guys as a bodyguard to the stars. They have to have something like mma or boxing to explore their athletic gifts. The big 6'4 250 pound boys have other options to exploit their size and gifts.

This, this, a thousand times this

Sadly there is really not much on the horizon. I have done some research myself on this because I was kind of intrigued that there was no new HW talent coming thorough. There are some young promising guys but because of money they can't be brought along the right way. I think it is a serious issue for MMA.

This just in: HW mma sucks. Welcome to 20 years ago

Should the HWs be allowed to fight 4 minute rounds instead of making them fight 5 minutes?

And people think athletes from other sports cant dominate these fighters..

Kinda the same thing in boxing if you think about it. The argument has always been that the best prospects these days at that size would rather train to play in the NBA or NFL. If they don't make it, then they usually try to get into coaching. The 6'3+ 220+ pound guys have things they can do that make more money consistently without getting punched in the face. The reason the smaller weight classes are always more competitive and filled with quality is that those cats don't have the same options. 5'6 135 pounds doesn't got the NFL's attention. I wouldn't hire a 5'7 145 pound guys as a bodyguard to the stars. They have to have something like mma or boxing to explore their athletic gifts. The big 6'4 250 pound boys have other options to exploit their size and gifts.

1.6% of NCAA fotball players go pro. 1.2% of basketball players. The argument that is where they all go is stupid, and wrong. Stop spreading it.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Probability-of-going-pro-methodology_Update2013.pdf

It's hard for a human that size to throw down without PEDs.

Don't give me that NBA/NFL crap they're all on gear, and when they get caught by an IQ test they get a slap on the wrist.

It takes a lot to be able to survive at HW. Anybody can dance and play patty cake all day when they weigh less than a small female.

Same shit different decade.

It used to be Igor and Mark Coleman that were the old guys, Kerr, Ricco, Pedro Rizzo and Randleman still holding on, with the "new breed" coming up (aka today's older HWs, Barnett, AA, Mir, Mirko)

Not that different, just switch the old out and move the new to old.

How would 3 x 3-Minute Rounds look?

Gina Carano vs Julie Kedzie, back in 2008, had a hell of an entertaining fight. Ya barely noticed that they were 3-Minute Rounds, they were just fun, action rounds.

Rumble should move up and give it a go.

Olympic wrestler Bilyal Makhov just got signed.

Back