Is the ""different era" the biggest excuse ever for GOAT contenders?

Hong-Man Choi, Zuluzinho...
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Nothing more is needed to say... I rest my case.

Name 3 ufc fighters at the time,who were well rounded,
tenor.gif
Oh lord...

this one is even worse than the average sherdog...
...is there such a thing as negative IQ?

That's the whole point. There weren't many well rounded fighters at that time.
THAT IS EXACTLY what I said.

...thank you for proving my point, kid. You are just too fucking stupid, that's all.

Oh lord...

this one is even worse than the average sherdog...
...is there such a thing as negative IQ?

That's the whole point. There weren't many well rounded fighters at that time.
THAT IS EXACTLY what I said.

...thank you for proving my point, kid. You are just too fucking stupid, that's all.

Another Fedor geek crying and triggered because they cant handle the truth

{<jordan}

Over half of Jones' title defenses are against current/former Middleweights, and most of his title defenses were against older fighters.
Silva couldn't hack it in Pride, and he has a lot of weak competition among his resume.

Fedor was past his prime by 2008, so citing his losses after that period bears no relevance to his legacy.

Edit: I don't engage in P4P discussions, only divisional GOATs, of which Fedor is the GOAT for Heavyweights.
I like how Fedor suddenly loses prime status once he enters the cage and loses against tough opponents. Let everyone be in their primes only the times they win lmao.

I like how Fedor suddenly loses prime status once he enters the cage and loses against tough opponents. Let everyone be in their primes only the times they win lmao.

Ah yes the "cage"

They are professional martial artist but they are no match for the cage lol

He was on a 10 year 30+ fight win streak and then lost 3 times in a row against guys that were no better than several of the opponents he'd already beaten. Doesnt that sound like a decline?

If you dominate when everyone else is terrible, credit to you for not lowering yourself to their level and instead raising the bar. Guys like Fedor didn't have time machines. Got to give the great fighters of the past credit for looking at other fighters and thinking, "I'd bet there are ways to improve upon this." Most fighters don't do that even now, and instead just copy whatever most other fighters are doing.

Another Fedor geek crying and triggered because they cant handle the truth

{<jordan}
nah, kid.
Just another ignorant who can't understand what happened 200 years ago because you didn't follow MMA then.
...but you have an opinion, and you "gotta be heard".

nah, kid.
Just another ignorant who can't understand what happened 200 years ago because you didn't follow MMA then.
...but you have an opinion, and you "gotta be heard".

Lol keep pretending that pride is from the 70s. Your level of denial is incredible

LOL 20 years ago, kid. but good ty

Werdum is the same age and fought in pride too LOL.

Henderson is OLDER and also fought the same time lol.

They both smoked your hero AND stayed competitive unlike your hero laugh OUT LOUD

But cry more cause I know you will in 3..2..

Werdum is the same age and fought in pride too LOL.

Henderson is OLDER and also fought the same time lol.

They both smoked your hero AND stayed competitive unlike your hero laugh OUT LOUD

But cry more cause I know you will in 3..2..
Yes,thank you for playing, kid.

You obviously did not watch him at Pride, or you'd know he had no stand up.

"Sure fighters today are better but in his era fedor was the best".

"Even though cro cop/fedor/nog all got beaten by non pride competition and were proven to be lesser fighters, during a miniscule period of time they were considered the best (without facing ufc fighters) fighters in the world. Fedor was the best of the 3 so therefore he is the best. Even though he lost to an old man middleweight".

I'm sick of hearing people say Fedor over jones because of the " era". If you dominate when everyone else is terrible that shouldn't get a pass or be equalized with fighters who dominated in harder divisions.

As far as im concerned, fedor shouldn't even be in the discussion. Jones, GSP, Anderson, all rank well above him. He'll I can argue fedor isnt even top 5 all time HW OR p4p.

How do you feel about guys like Issac Newton, who is rated as either the greatest or second greatest physicist ever (some put Einstein ahead of him), even though anybody with a four year degree in physics today can solve problems Newton couldn't even have gotten started on (anything to do with quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, electro-magnetics)? Much of Newton's work is now taught in high school, so I assume you wouldn't consider him great, right?

How about Jesse Owens? High school students regularly beat his best times in the 100 m and 200 m, but for some reason everyone thinks he's one of the greatest sprinters ever.

Or Babe Ruth? Why is he on everyone's list as one of the greatest baseball players ever?

For that matter, how about considering Napolean as one of the greatest generals of all time? His army would lose to any modern army with the technology we now have.

The reason 'best of your day' is taken into account in terms of greatness is that most big improvements come exactly because of the advances of the best of their day, and many of the reasons newer people are better are because of advances in technology. Fedor didn't get to train using the latest techniques -- he was busy developing them, and people copied them and then advanced upon them.

You're confusing 'best ever' which is absolute (in the sense of who is the fastest sprinter ever) with "greatest ever" which is who did the most with the technology and knowledge available in his time.

How do you feel about guys like Issac Newton, who is rated as either the greatest or second greatest physicist ever (some put Einstein ahead of him), even though anybody with a four year degree in physics today can solve problems Newton couldn't even have gotten started on (anything to do with quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, electro-magnetics)? Much of Newton's work is now taught in high school, so I assume you wouldn't consider him great, right?

How about Jesse Owens? High school students regularly beat his best times in the 100 m and 200 m, but for some reason everyone thinks he's one of the greatest sprinters ever.

Or Babe Ruth? Why is he on everyone's list as one of the greatest baseball players ever?

For that matter, how about considering Napolean as one of the greatest generals of all time? His army would lose to any modern army with the technology we now have.

The reason 'best of your day' is taken into account in terms of greatness is that most big improvements come exactly because of the advances of the best of their day, and many of the reasons newer people are better are because of advances in technology. Fedor didn't get to train using the latest techniques -- he was busy developing them, and people copied them and then advanced upon them.

You're confusing 'best ever' which is absolute (in the sense of who is the fastest sprinter ever) with "greatest ever" which is who did the most with the technology and knowledge available in his time.

Wait a minute

Issac Newton died in 1726
Today is 2019. Thats almost 300 years.

You are comparing 1726 to now in science as the same with 2003 to now in fighting? Fedor is still alive bro.

You're about to break down.
LOL because of you?
Kid, if you could make any sense, maybe.
But you've proven you got no point.
You've proven you can only babble without any actual point or objective.

Sorry to disappoint your (obviously unreal) expectations.
But then again, you don't understand much of what goes on around you, right?
So no wonder you try to make your own reality...

LOL because of you?
Kid, if you could make any sense, maybe.
But you've proven you got no point.
You've proven you can only babble without any actual point or objective.

Sorry to disappoint your (obviously unreal) expectations.
But then again, you don't understand much of what goes on around you, right?
So no wonder you try to make your own reality...

I made a point, but it just shook you so bad that your mind cant process it, and now you've fallen into some sort of trigger induced rage blabbering that I cannot explain.

I made a point, but it just shook you so bad that your mind cant process it, and now you've fallen into some sort of trigger induced rage blabbering that I cannot explain.
yes, you cannot explain many things, kid.

Back