Is the cormier gustafsson poster the first time they show uneven heights?

Usually, regardless of height, they always put them at eye level. But not this time.

UFC_192_event_poster.jpeg

Finally.

Jones is one of the only guys out there who doesn't seems to be upgraded ( with people like Kongo or Werdum)

He looks a legit 6'4 next to tons of fighters..
He looked to be the same height or slightly taller than Kongo ( who I have met and is a solid 6'4 without any doubt possible ) so his height looks accurate...

What would a 6'3 Jones mean ? 6'2 Arlovski ? Sorry but I don't buy that

I agree jones doesnt seem exaggerated unless you see him next to nfl brothers. Im only telling you what gus said himself mate, ufc had his reach as 78 inches and he said its 81. Ufc cant get anything accurate mate

Gus is taller than Jones, so the height difference is going to be more pronounced.

He is not taller he was tiptoeing in most promotional/presser shoots

Look barefeet in octagon :

article-2428872-1828C50900000578-558_634x372.jpg

Jones standing tall

005_jon_jones_and_alexander_gustafsson.0.jpg

I don't know if its the first time but this looks weird. Eye level just makes it easier to look at. This almost makes me not want to look at.

I agree jones doesnt seem exaggerated unless you see him next to nfl brothers. Im only telling you what gus said himself mate, ufc had his reach as 78 inches and he said its 81. Ufc cant get anything accurate mate

I know, they are terrible especially when it comes to reach..

His reach was even at 76 at some point.. I'd be willing to bet they don't even measure reach and throw in numbers out there either random or "pic measured"

Im not liking it. Looks like someone lazy designed that.

When the unveiled the "new" UFC logo, the interesting part of the article to me said that designers were going to take a different approach to the posters from here on out Date/time/location were to be in the same spot on every poster, so it would be easy to locate, and gold would only be used when there is a championship fight (non-title main events won't have any gold coloring).

I assumed that with the clean layout of the PPV (tale of the tape, clock, etc) that this would either mean that the posters would reflect that or just be blah. This one is somewhere in the middle for me. Nice and clean, but it could use just a little something more.

Perhaps birds, per Sherdog's usual request.

*EDIT* I like the "X" instead of "VS." I like the drop down tab to fill the headroom left above Cormier, due to the height difference. I also noticed that this is a Brazilian poster. I wonder if they'll streamline the styles across countries. I always assumed that they did, but I do remember a special one for Japan (maybe because that was a "special overseas event" or something?) I like this, overall. I'd like to see out-of-the-box, Pride-style designs, but with the way the sport is now, they're trying to establish a "professional" baseline. Saku getting RNC'd by a ring girl wouldn't really go over too well with the UFC "brand" now.

Im not liking it. Looks like someone lazy designed that.

I disagree. Looks like an old school boxing poster. Except more understated, clean.

UFC_192_event_poster.jpeg

a19ef0b6eeac403d1e5fbb1f892a0207.jpg

Sick of this overdesign BS. The older UFC posters look like they're trying to mimic a toy box or something.

Ufc_108_poster.jpg

b_75031_box_side.jpg

He is not taller he was tiptoeing in most promotional/presser shoots

Look barefeet in octagon :

article-2428872-1828C50900000578-558_634x372.jpg

Jones standing tall

005_jon_jones_and_alexander_gustafsson.0.jpg

In first pic Gus` head is closer to the camera and he looks taller, second pic the opposite. Cant really say anything from those pics. They are about the same height, who cares more than that.

Jones is one of the only guys out there who doesn't seems to be upgraded ( with people like Kongo or Werdum)

He looks a legit 6'4 next to tons of fighters..
He looked to be the same height or slightly taller than Kongo ( who I have met and is a solid 6'4 without any doubt possible ) so his height looks accurate...

What would a 6'3 Jones mean ? 6'2 Arlovski ? Sorry but I don't buy that

Most men in the world exaggerate their height at least an inch.

Even if they are not athletes and are pretty honest if they measure themselves at 72.25 in they are gonna call themselves 6'1 and not 6'0 90% of the time.

And no one is going to call someone over 6'0 out over an inch or two considering the majority of men and women are going to be shorter than you and have a hard time telling how tall you are anyway, and the people who are taller than you are going to be exaggerating themselves.

Once you get into Athletics the exaggerations become almost laughable.

I've seen basketball players in pre-season combines go up to a wall barefoot get measured at 6'3 flat and then write down on their cards 6'5 and 6'6. They wear basketball sneakers all day which adds 1-2 inches plus 6'3 despite what guys on the internet say is taller than 97.5% of men so no one cares enough to call out a tall person on claiming to be taller.

Note in the pros and college the exaggerations die down to no more than an half inch because at a pro combine they measure you to the centimeter and you don't report your own height.

Jones is probably around 6'4 he is actually tall you rarely see someone taller than him Gus is pretty much the only guy.

Most men in the world exaggerate their height at least an inch.

Even if they are not athletes and are pretty honest if they measure themselves at 72.25 in they are gonna call themselves 6'1 and not 6'0 90% of the time.

And no one is going to call someone over 6'0 out over an inch or two considering the majority of men and women are going to be shorter than you and have a hard time telling how tall you are anyway, and the people who are taller than you are going to be exaggerating themselves.

Once you get into Athletics the exaggerations become almost laughable.

I've seen basketball players in pre-season combines go up to a wall barefoot get measured at 6'3 flat and then write down on their cards 6'5 and 6'6. They wear basketball sneakers all day which adds 1-2 inches plus 6'3 despite what guys on the internet say is taller than 97.5% of men so no one cares enough to call out a tall person on claiming to be taller.

Note in the pros and college the exaggerations die down to no more than an half inch because at a pro combine they measure you to the centimeter and you don't report your own height.

Jones is probably around 6'4 he is actually tall you rarely see someone taller than him Gus is pretty much the only guy.

Kongo is the height he is supposed to be
Also you have to consider tall people sometimes tends to round down or even not stand fully straight like a normal guy , like me , would do when measured..

I can say Kongo can't be under 6'4 for sure because he took a pic with one of my mates who is 6'4 measured " relaxed " and they were the exact same height on the mat for the pic

the both look dopey as fuck for some reason.

They dont use the imperial unit in Sweden (like most of the world) so he could have gotten that mixed up. I mean he was slightly taller than Jones who is pretty much a legit 6'4.

What?! I shan't pay $60 to see such a lopsided contest. The pale boy stands a full head taller!

That is a terrible poster. They both look bored and tired.

Back