Is the consensus that Wanderlie looks really bad right now?

He's looked bad for quite a while. He still acted like he was top dog long after he started losing on a pretty regular basis.

I'm just wondering if overall people are not only backing Wanderlie or Chael in this, but if they are willing to admit the Wanderlie videos and attempts at "punking out" Chael are coming off as silly at this point.
Don't feel like I'm forcing my opinion on this, but I do think Wandy is coming off really badly so far.
What are the opinions of the masses? Chael getting what he deserves or Wandy looking really stupid?

Why would you think Wanderlei is coming off badly? I've been on the Chael troll train so far but I'm not bothered in any way by what Wanderlei is doing. In fact, I find it quite enjoyable.

I appreciate Wand's fans trying to relive his glory days in PRIDE but those days are long behind him.

Wand is always good-looking. Except for the first
year after his plastic surgeries when he looked like Josh Burkman.

LOL, i thought i was the only one who thought that.

It's good to see how many care about fictitious wwe plot lines.

Wandy is looking pretty bad with these misguided antics.

I'll still cheer for him if they ever fight though.

Definitely not a fan of the Wanderlei "I'm a crazy man I mess you up!" persona--at least not outside of the ring.

He honestly deserves to be cut more than Okami.

Wont happen. Its not like he will ever be champ but he still has a huge fan base wherever he goes. At least the shows I saw in Sydney and Saitama; when he came out the crowd went crazy and he got the biggest reception of anyone. No way Dana cuts him.

That being said, yeah he really isnt coming off well in this "feud" :(

anyone who thinks this is real...
ya know...
nevermind.. its totally real
enjoy.

Why would you think Wanderlei is coming off badly? I've been on the Chael troll train so far but I'm not bothered in any way by what Wanderlei is doing. In fact, I find it quite enjoyable.

More so the fact Wand makes these 10 minute videos about how Chael is all talk, then gets a camera to record him walking up to Chael and trying to intimidate him so he can look tough on video.
We get it Wanderlie, youre still a tough guy. Recording yourself failing at being alpha actually taints that image though.

Wand is trying really, really hard to hype the fight but everyone can see right through it so he look bad. Whatever, I hope it falls flat... Wand should be fighting a banger, not Chael the pillow punching wrestler.

He shouldn't have gone down to Sonnen's level. Better off ignoring or not reacting to his antics like Anderson did.

Can't wait for this fight to happen.

Of course they are both hyping the fight and it's because they really do Hate each other.

What you're seeing is real, even if it does seem like they are trying.

You would have to be crazy to think Wand and Chael actually like each other and are just doing this for numbers while sharing backstage laughs.

He shouldn't have gone down to Sonnen's level. Better off ignoring or not reacting to his antics like Anderson did.

andersonsilvashoulderchael.gif

method=get&s=anderson-silva-chael-sonnen-07-08-12-15-11-31-740.jpg

Yes Anderson definitely took the high road against Chael... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love it. Its only going to make it even sweeter when they finally book this fight and Sonnen either subs Wandy like he subed Shogun, or he grinds him out to a dominate decision. Wandy better bring a gun if he wants to save face.

I'm a big fan of his, but all this is making him look silly. Not sure if there is a consensus, but that's my take on it.

Back