Is the cage really better than a ring?

I've always felt that a fight in a ring is a sport and a fight in a cage is a spectacle. UFC even answered this by stating they are gettin away from being just a fight promoter but an entertainment company.

I've always felt that a fight in a ring is a sport and a fight in a cage is a spectacle. UFC even answered this by stating they are gettin away from being just a fight promoter but an entertainment company.
No.

I still won't give JDS shit for it. Although he could have been more busy, he seemed to set himself up by standing close to the cage. But really if a strong HW, and elite wrestler like Cain has you pinned against the cage, how are you supposed to get out?

At least with lay'n'pray guys have the chance to sweep, sub, push their way up. It's very hard to escape that position, especially against a strong HW leaning into you. I found myself thinking that during the fight. What could any HW have done in Junior's position?

What do you mean "what could he have done"? This is what he trains for, he faught him once before and got tooled aswell, he knew this was going to happen again and he didnt drill clinch escapes against the wall (obvious exaggeration, its obvious he did)? But then don't blame Cain for being better than JDS. Thats just silly.

There is no doubt that Cain is elite level wrestler and no shit its hard for someone to get out, but you cant fault Cain for using his skill. Its like complaining about JDS having more power than someone like Hunt and that theres nothing Hunt could have done. Bullshit, theres ways around everything and nothing is truly perfect or unbeatable.

JDS had no one to blame but himself for getting caught up in this.

I like the ring better, there is more action on the feet and on the ground because the cage doesn't get in the way, you can't hold someone against the ropes the same way and when on the ground you can't use the ropes to help you like how you can stack someone on the cage or wall walk.(still possible just more difficult)

For MMA:

Pride Rules > UFC Rules

The Octagon > A Ring

But for me personally, I would rather watch a fight in the ring live. Seeing a Pride event live in Japan was an incredible experience. The crowds were so much more respectful than drunken dude-bros.

I used to think a Ring was better but i've come to enjoy the cage more. The constant restarts with a ring are annoying. Also its dangerous to have a fight surface that fighters can easily fall out of or between.

I want to see a ring with mesh between the ropes.

I didn't like people reaching in and touching the fighters. And the officials can't keep out the corners in case a Daley situation happens again.

I don't get the whole "resets kill fights" thing. There weren't that many resets. Not to mention, when they were reset, there was no cage to limit subs and sweeps to one side.

Wall N Stall fucking sucks. The fighters need to be in as open an area as possible at all times.

But that's just like, my opinion.

Back