Is the biggest problem with WMMA and beating Rhonda is the lack of 1 punch KO power?

the biggest problem with WMMA is that the fighters get fans based on looks rather than actuall skill

You can't seriously think this is the case. Unless you're so stupid you think that everyone shares your viewpoint.

Holly Holm has fight ending KO power; her MMA record is 4-0, all violent finishes. She's a former champion boxer and kickboxer. And although she hasn't been tested on the ground yet, if she continues to improve I see no reason why she shouldn't end up fighting in the UFC. Admittedly, I could be wrong; but again I don't see why she won't be considered at some point in the future: she's a babe (means fans), is learning, and has world-class striking (means fight fans).

It would probably help you if watched her fights. She would get tapped in under a minute by Ronda at this point and without years of nothing but ground work, still within the first round.

Why in your opinion is a dominate champion in wmma a problem. I find her fights extremely exciting.

TS good thread and good points. Agree that until Rousey either faces someone that can either compete with her in the clinch or punch her lights out, then she'll continue to dominate in the exact same form she does already. If RR attempts to mix it up with strikes, I have a feeling the first chance she gets she'll go to her staple and not keep it standing for long. I wish she would go into deeper waters with the standup and see if she can compete with her opponent in striking.

You can't seriously think this is the case. Unless you're so stupid you think that everyone shares your viewpoint.

It would probably help you if watched her fights. She would get tapped in under a minute by Ronda at this point and without years of nothing but ground work, still within the first round.

Hasn't she trained at jacksons for the better half of a decade? not saying it was ground work, but no fucking way would she train at an MMA gym that long without working on the ground game. Especially knowing she would one day transition to mma.

Why in your opinion is a dominate champion in wmma a problem. I find her fights extremely exciting.

I guess I shouldn't have said a "problem" for MMA. I guess more of an observation on why Rousey is able to be so dominant up to this point. I should have made a different thread title I think.

IMO Honda has the worst stand up in all of MMA

If I can name a female fighter who had knocked her opponent out cold with a single strike, will you agree to leave Sherdog forever so there will be a few less bullshit threads in the future?

Back