Is that within the tolerance of spiking?

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I know it's not a pick up and slam like a 100% spike would be, but is there anybody out there that feels it takes away from the victory a bit? JDS even started pointing to his head after the stoppage so he thought something was up too. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the gifs (I didn't buy the fight) and I'm not sure I can't say without a doubt that it's nothing to think about.

Opinions?

opinion is GTFO. esp if you didnt watch the fight.

There is no way that could be considered intentional by Cain. He didn't even see the direction Junior was travelling when he rolled.

Why would it take away from the victory? It seems only hardcore Junior fans are posting this opinion.

if they would of dq'd cain because of that then it would look bad seeing as how the fight was almost and should have been stopped two rounds earlier by obvious and brutal tko

If Junior doesn't let go while he's flying head first... It's his own fault

Lol this is unbelievable... Seriously you need to back away from the computer

Didn't JDS drag Cain down? I swear these fan boys are getting desperate

I'm actually curious about that rule as well. Are spikes in certain situations legal but in others illegal?

And I know, JDS lost every round and was not winning that fight either way.

According to the unified rules, you are allowed to spike an opponent if they are holding a submission. Usually you see it with a triangle or standing rear naked choke. I don't think Cain meant to spike him but if he did then that was a great idea and a legal move.

Sorry, didn't mean Cain did it, I'm just saying that because JDS did it to himself/it just happened that it looked like a spike to me. Gray area, but that's why I'm not gonna be a fool and scream "WTF!?!?!?!? DQ! DQ!!!". Like I said, even JDS was thinking about it.

We all love JDS, but we have to let this one go.... He lost. It's over.

No. Spiking is like a piledriver. You have to have secure control of your opponent's body and deliberately pick him up and slam him on his head. Like a legs over head piledriver slam.

You're allowed to take down your opponent or slam him in a way where his head might land first. As long as you're not controlling his body, directing the force of the slam onto his head, you're fine.

When you slam somebody, it's not your responsibility to ensure he doesn't land on his head. It's only a foul when you FORCE him to land on his head with all his bodyweight in a "spike" position (legs over head.)

For instance if you put an armbar on me from the bottom and I pick you up and drop you on your head, that is LEGAL. The finish in this fight was also legal.

Back