Is Tenshin Nasukawa legit?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by EndlessCritic, Dec 31, 2016.

1. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Rizin fed him a couple of lower level guys in his first two fights. He's clearly got beastly striking, and some of the most violent Gnp I've ever seen.

How far does he go?

Pre Rizin highlight:

2. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

Still too early to tell but the early sings are good. It also depends whether he wants to do MMA full time or do kickboxing too.

3. Karaev fan

Karaev fan Brown Belt

Doubt he's sticking in MMA long. He did it just this once vs. no-names w/ three weeks worth of training because the only appealing kickboxing opponent for him was injured.

Sakakibara is obviously trying to railroad him into MMA to get more guys for the flyweight GP they're planning, but Nasukawa has asked for KB fights repeatedly.

4. manboy<3

manboy<3 don't card me bro

nothing in RIZIN is legit and the great thing is that it doesn't have to be

I think it's really inaccurate to judge a fighter's performance by his matches in that promotion

In my view he will develop into nothing in terms of world rankings but may provide a lot of entertaiment

5. applesbananas

applesbananas Purple Belt

He wont be good unless he goes to the US. His ground game will always stink and hinder him.

6. dontlaugh

dontlaugh Black Belt

Suffers from the kickboxer's curse, would take him a few losses to adapt

7. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Paper belt

Anyone with 2 eyes can see the kids is as green as you get when it comes to grappling. He was taken down by some random kickboxer and kept there.

But his striking is really good and he seems to be pretty athletic and explosive.

And the obvious part... the kid is 18 years old.

8. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

He's great striker and probably will just continue to do kickboxing matches mixed with a few carefully picked mma fights in Japan.

I dont know if he's gonna go full time mma nad look to come to UFC/Bellator and fight the best and become one of hte top fighters.

Doubt thats the path he takes. Become the biggest star in Japan combat sports is more likely the path he'll take.

9. Vovchanchyn Fan

Vovchanchyn Fan Green Belt

I think people are under-estimating him. He pulled off a choke tonight and fought out of an armbar earlier...so he's clearly working his ground game. He's got a massive striking base and as long as he can focus more on grappling and bring that up further, he could become a serious MMA star. I don't know how big Kickboxing is now, but if he focuses entirely on MMA he could definitely be king of the hill in a few years.

10. CDF47

CDF47 Gold Belt

Tenshin could be the real deal. He is young and has tons of talent. Very good prospect right now.