Is Streaming hurting ratings?

Why would streaming impact a free card?

PPV cards most definitely

Easy,,,,

People want to watch When they want to and Only what they want to... ie. specific fights.

I did not watch Live but I did and many I know did later when more convenient...

Sounds like a date for you. I assume you are from some small town with not much to do.
Youre trying too hard to sound cool kid
I assume its a defense mechanism caused by low self esteem
Hopefully you'll grow out of it after your nuts drop

They should make it free, more people would follow it and ad prices would go up.

I think the main problem is simply over-saturation.

Remember years ago when each and every event felt like a big deal, you'd wait for weeks talking with friends about how each and every fight on the card would go down and know all of the fighters back stories? You dont get that with events now, its slowly starting to resemble boxing cards.

I dont think the UFC is dying, there are things to iron out for sure but in terms of revenue I'd predict its higher than ever. but MMA has lost its magic in terms of being an event.
Watch less. You can still talk to your friends in anticipation of a big card. I do, and I watch about every card

Get a job?

Seriously though, there are services that I have gotten rid of like a home phone (cell phones have made it pointless)

But cable? There is plenty of content that is both regional (Canadian news for example ) that isn't available on digital platforms

Anyone that is too cheap to afford basic cable deserves crappy low res streaming

You like paying a shit load of money to watch commercials be my guest dummy.

and LOL at low res streaming shit is 1080p 60fps get with the times.

It's a pretty simple concept. If the UFC doesn't know you're watching, they're inevitably not going to pay the fighters as much money as if they knew those fighters were bringing in eyeballs. I think that's pretty fair to say. I'm not overly concerned about it. But a lot of people seem confused on the mechanics. Just take it to its logical extreme. If the ratings were 5 people watching an event - the fighters on that card aren't going to get paid shit next time, cuz as far as the UFC is concerned, they're not bringing in viewers and thus not growing the product/making money

To each his own I guess. More for me :)
joanna-jedrzejczyk-vs-karolina-kowalkiewicz-ktora_27144452.jpg

th
But she would look like that in the morning

JędrzejczykMandelSherdog.jpg

3M23X6R_700w_0.jpg

If i really want to see a card ill go to the bar and ask for it to be put on

Thats just how i do it, i dont like streaming events because your stream will crap out on you, its just more of a headache than its worth.

Ufc cards are also too fuckin long. I dont know how they havent fixed that.

2 hour cards with 4 fights is what we need

Get a job?

Seriously though, there are services that I have gotten rid of like a home phone (cell phones have made it pointless)

But cable? There is plenty of content that is both regional (Canadian news for example ) that isn't available on digital platforms

Anyone that is too cheap to afford basic cable deserves crappy low res streaming

Your world view is extremely limited and myopic. You'll gain more understanding in about 5-8 years.

I stopped regularly watching MMA when WMMA started.

Most cards were riddled with WMMA fight and I kinda half watched them. That kinda killed the momentum.

My favorite fighters aging also didn't help. All I have left after Shogun got decapitated is Fedor, and he's 2-3 fights away from retirement.

I'm a fan of newer fighters like Khabib, Conor or Till, but it's just not the same.

Exposure is exposure not watching is what kills it. The PPV model is dead and should be changed to all free cards with no ads for the main and co-main. Besides the point the true killer is weak cards and no interest in the fights. Especially when the best they produce/support is shlock like Colby pulls

Get a job?

I had comcast cable for about a decade and in the end, after looking back, it crept-up to about $1,000 a year and the only thing I really watched was the History Channel...which eventually morphed into producing shows about everything but real history (Ancient Aliens, Ice Road Truckers, etc).

Now, I just do Netflix, Amazon Prime, NFL game pass and Fight pass (which I'm about to cancel). Get all of the stuff I want and it's cheaper per month than cable..which is bloated with bullshit I don't want/need. Cable is dying.

It certainly doesn't help that they raised PPV prices

Possible. But thinking with the product at the moment. Fans ( casual and hardcore ) just don't care... But if you are watching Saturday join the Sherdog Discussion...

Why are people streaming fights on Fox? It's over the air tv. Even if you cut cable it comes in hd for free. All you need is an antenna.

Why would streaming impact a free card?
The amount of viewership effects sponsors. The more viewers they get the more sponsors the UFC can obtain for future cards.

Tbh it's the UFCs fault. All other sports have easy to access websites you can stream their product. People watch sports on their phones. Just accept that reality and profit from it. The UFC is fighting technology.

Back