Is Streaming hurting ratings?

this

from watching 98% of the cards live till 6am
i now miss 98% of them

the ufc sucks
That post says waay more about you than it does the UFC broski

Netflix is hurting cable subscriptions, if that is what you mean...

I doubt anyone is replacing cable by looking for free streams of of everything they would want to watch.
I did. Forget cable

It's probably a little from all the columns.

Lack of promotion + free streams + cable cutters/TV dying + PPV decline as a format + MMA popularity plateauing

You can't compare JJ to Ronda, Bones, Lesnar or Conor in terms of drawing. And it wasn't a title bout. But it still shouldn't have done that poorly on paper.

I stopped reading there.

<{clintugh}>
To each his own I guess. More for me :)
joanna-jedrzejczyk-vs-karolina-kowalkiewicz-ktora_27144452.jpg

th

HD-like = 540p
"almost" HD-like = 360p
enjoy your cathode ray resolution

Haha, enjoy paying 65$ for maybe 2 good fights which last less than an hour.

Sorry you can't find a good source cuz you type "free ufc stream" on google and expect a result.

Well duh, theres a lot of dumb people in this world so of course there will be idiots who go waste 15$ minimum to see a movie.
Because some of us like to get out of the house once in awhile and see things on a huge screen with monster speakers that enhance the experience and add to your overall viewing pleasure

UFC fight pass is useless in Canada for live events and cable sucks so I'm sure lots of Canadians are streaming.

Funny thing though I actually have streamed free cards before because my wife was using the TV

Haha, enjoy paying 65$ for maybe 2 good fights which last less than an hour.

Sorry you can't find a good source cuz you type "free ufc stream" on google and expect a result.
No I can find 720p streams for free at times, which is full HD resolution. I was just being a smartass

Get a job?

Seriously though, there are services that I have gotten rid of like a home phone (cell phones have made it pointless)

But cable? There is plenty of content that is both regional (Canadian news for example ) that isn't available on digital platforms

Anyone that is too cheap to afford basic cable deserves crappy low res streaming

Get a life?

Anyone that watches the trash that is the "reality TV" and gossip "news" bullshit that is on basic cable deserves the brain rot that has to come along with watching that shit.

Get a job?

Seriously though, there are services that I have gotten rid of like a home phone (cell phones have made it pointless)

But cable? There is plenty of content that is both regional (Canadian news for example ) that isn't available on digital platforms

Anyone that is too cheap to afford basic cable deserves crappy low res streaming

Cable is soooo expensive, the only reason I would get cable is specifically to watch fights and it would cost me so much to get the cable packages needed to watch.

Apparently the most recent UFC Fight Night, which was pretty good, had the lowest ratings for a Fight Night ever - if I heard that right. That kinda broke my heart, especially given my love Joanna Jedrzejczyk was on that card. I streamed it, as I gave up on TV quite a while back. I think a lot of people have. Do you think that's hurting the UFC's numbers in a significant way?
I don't think so.
If anything FN is not PPV, so how could it hurt them?

Even PPV's don't hurt them as much as people think.
Because PPV is only in US.
Virtually everywhere else, it is on open TV, which UFC has side deals around the globe.

So no, I don't think it hurts them as much as people think.

Honestly though, the problem with blaming streams on decreased viewership (especially as it relates to PPV buys) is that it's impossible to calculate the percentage of those streamers who would've forked out the money to buy the card if a stream hadn't been available.

I know that around here in CO and elsewhere as I travel a lot from work, the number of bars carrying cards has dropped dramatically. A few years ago, you could always find a bar showing any PPV. Now unless it's a huge card it can be tough to find one.

I think the main problem is simply over-saturation.

Remember years ago when each and every event felt like a big deal, you'd wait for weeks talking with friends about how each and every fight on the card would go down and know all of the fighters back stories? You dont get that with events now, its slowly starting to resemble boxing cards.

I dont think the UFC is dying, there are things to iron out for sure but in terms of revenue I'd predict its higher than ever. but MMA has lost its magic in terms of being an event.

Because some of us like to get out of the house once in awhile and see things on a huge screen with monster speakers that enhance the experience and add to your overall viewing pleasure

Sounds like a date for you. I assume you are from some small town with not much to do.

Even if it was i wouldn't stop streaming,just saying.

Oh and fighter pay is a disgrace....am i right? lol

Back