Is Spong better than Saki?

Yeah I also was impressed with the calm and control spong after breaking his leg in such a way

If it were me I would have passed out about 3 times just by looking at the condition of the leg

For me,Glory should join these two higher weight divisions and become one,forming a much more competitive division

Even more if they came back with the Grand Slam format (like K1-GP or Max tournament with 16 best ranked fighters), at least I really liked this format

No I like the multiple weight classes, some people are just too small to fight big heavyweights like Verhoeven plus it adds some legitimacy to the sport.

At HW. He must meet Saki, Ghiță, Zimmerman, Verhoeven, Adegbuyi, even Ben Saddik and some others non-Glory at any of these two division. If it"s possible.

Since 2010 he didn"t do anything hugely special. He only beat old Aerts and Bonjasky. Maybe Peter was still quite good but in rest...

You said Spong was untested at LHW...

Nope bro. Sorry.

I wouldnt like him to move up,he should stay at lhw. There are gokd fights:saulo rematch,saki rematch,jurkovic(former hw),zak mwsomething(beat pat barry)

I think Spong has better technique but Saki comes as the faster stronger and thougher fighter. Just an oppinion.

I would favor Saki in a re-rematch still.

Spong is a monster tho.

Saki is a tough challenge for Spong.
Saki is one of the most explosive kickboxers in the world, always takes advantage of his best qualities and pushes his opponents to situations where they're not better than him, the same happened against Spong.
Tyrone is one of my favourite kickboxers, incredible technique, the way he places his shots is just brilliant, the guy can beat everyone including Saki.
A rematch would be awesome but I think Spong should fight someone else first.

Spong is a great fighter no doubt, but he's not exceptionally fast. Saki is.
Saki is fast like lightning and that gives him a considerable edge over Spong.
In their first encounter, one fast counterpunch did the job.

That's also one of the reasons I think Spong won't go anywhere in boxing. His chin is not that great, he's not that fast and I think he tends to gass too easily too.

Zimmerman in boxing would be interesting. He can still improve his boxing skills ( head movement, defense, ... ) by miles, is very explosive, has a good jaw and lots of power.

Zimmerman in boxing would be interesting. He can still improve his boxing skills ( head movement, defense, ... ) by miles, is very explosive, has a good jaw and lots of power.

I think top 15 would be the ceiling for Zimmerman in boxing if he adapts well and gets agood trainer even though maybe he could beat some guys by landing a big shot so maybe top 10 if he can really improve.
But with kickboxers I always wonder about cardio in pro boxing you go a minimum of 4 rounds and only as a real novice and in kickboxing you go a maximum of 4 rounds there worlds separating the stamina level needed.
You see it especially at HW HWs in kickboxing are on average heavier than in boxing there are huge kickboxers but in boxing on average the HWs are a little bit lightergoing 10 or 12 rounds could kill someone like zimmerman.
I wonder a little bit why Hari gave up on going into boxing he trained with high level guys was the money just better in kickboxing since he is probably the most well known HW kickboxer period or was he having problems in the gym sparring some higher level boxer.
But yea still seeing Zimmerman, Saki and Spong in boxing would at least be interesting those 3 would be interesting

Back