Is Spong better than Saki?

Moneymma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Spong cleared out the lhw division. One of few notable fighters he doesnt have victory over is saki.
I know he lost to him long time ago and broke leg in rematch,but i still think he can beat saki at lhw
Also any of you know when will spong come back?

Spong cleared out the lhw division. One of few notable fighters he doesnt have victory over is saki.
I know he lost to him long time ago and broke leg in rematch,but i still think he can beat saki at lhw

Can he beat him? Sure. Would he? Not so sure. Unless the weight cut took a big toll on Gokhan I think he's the better fighter.

Spong is ready to go. From what I've heard he's probably going to be doing some MMA this year.

As for his ability to beat Saki.. not sure, I'm just a casual KB fan, certainly no expert, but I think he can at this point in his career

Spong is a joy to watch. And overall the technically superior fighter. But anything can happen at the heavyweight division.. Would love to see another rematch.

I think Saki has the better kicks and Spong has the better hands. Overall they are of equal quality as fighters. Just different styles.

they are the most gifted fighters at Light heavyheight division,but if they fight again,i put my money on Saki.

Spong is still untested though in the LHW there"s no opponent for him than Saki. Most likely.

a pity Spong had broken his leg in the fight against saki , were it not that accident , one thing I'm sure : It would be one of the best fights of the year

Btw,I still think that saulo Cavalry can impress in the division,he is a very solid fighter and have a refined technique

simply no.saki has more power and speed for sure.but spong's technique is picture perfect so he has the edge here.but he is boring sometimes.on the other hand with saki you never know whats gona happen.and he always brings it.

Saki is fast as f-ck!!! His boxing combos are sick,but i think spong is best lhw kick boxer in the world
Saki's wins over spong and corbett were.... you know... due to injurys

I got to go with Saki. He has beaten the best right now.

a pity Spong had broken his leg in the fight against saki , were it not that accident , one thing I'm sure : It would be one of the best fights of the year

I"m afraid about this situation, what if he doesn"t recover at all? :(

Untested at LHW against who?

At HW. He must meet Saki, Ghiță, Zimmerman, Verhoeven, Adegbuyi, even Ben Saddik and some others non-Glory at any of these two division. If it"s possible.

Since 2010 he didn"t do anything hugely special. He only beat old Aerts and Bonjasky. Maybe Peter was still quite good but in rest...

Maybe he will fight again in march. He said it in an dutch interview. Not sure if it's kickbox boxing or mma.

I"m afraid about this situation, what if he doesn"t recover at all? :(

Me too, i hope he recover well,i dont want happen to him like happened for example with Kid Yamamoto (MMA fighter ) after dislocated his right elbow in 2007 , his performance declined dramatically as it did not have the same speed and strength in his destructive right hand.

Saki has worked him twice!

saki was on point until the legbreak

hope that they fight again

Me too, i hope he recover well,i dont want happen to him like happened for example with Kid Yamamoto (MMA fighter ) after dislocated his right elbow in 2007 , his performance declined dramatically as it did not have the same speed and strength in his destructive right hand.

The reaction of Saki was incredible, he felt that something really bad happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PuNxkSacM.

By the way, I don"t think Spong will go up to the HW only if his progression will be really good. This means beating Saki after some warm up fights. And I don"t see the rest moving to the LHW. I hope they bring Hari for Ghiță.

The reaction of Saki was incredible, he felt that something really bad happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PuNxkSacM.

By the way, I don"t think Spong will go up to the HW only if his progression will be really good. This means beating Saki after some warm up fights. And I don"t see the rest moving to the LHW. I hope they bring Hari for Ghiță.

Yeah I also was impressed with the calm and control spong after breaking his leg in such a way

If it were me I would have passed out about 3 times just by looking at the condition of the leg

For me,Glory should join these two higher weight divisions and become one,forming a much more competitive division

Even more if they came back with the Grand Slam format (like K1-GP or Max tournament with 16 best ranked fighters), at least I really liked this format

Back