Opinion Is social media poisoning our brains?

Social media is such a valuable tool not necessarily for the individual but for those who seek to manipulate. Actually the most valuable, so to think it isn't being used in inconceivable ways is thoughtless. We are constantly manipulated, sometimes with predictable and intended consequences sometime with unintended. The science has come a long way.

Poisoning is one way of putting it but I'd say changing our brains and we volunteer. We keep taking that hit, just one more hit, consequences be damned...

I’ve always thought social media was a tool to connect to others, but it seems that a lot of people are using it to completely replace real face-to-face social contact with others.

I’ve personally distanced myself from it.

Meh. You can't win on social media.
Might as well win by voting.

Oh shut your stupid face already

You are literally just a drone regurgitating the same meme points some loser troll online has programmed your tiny brain to regurgitate.

Says the mime piece of any CNN article.
They had a bad story about Obama last week.

Just wondering which way your head is going to explode.

Says the mime piece of any CNN article.
They had a bad story about Obama last week.

Just wondering which way your head is going to explode.

Oh look, another drone executing his basic programming

/load ccnfakenews.exe
Loading complete
/run butobama.exe

Last edited:
Since I stopped using Myspace when I was young ( lol ) I haven't used any social media besides Linkedin.

Obv Sherdog is not social media. Although a lot of posters post stuff from there.

So the real question is : Do you think Sherdog is poisoning our brain??...

giphy.gif

Why yes. Yes it is...

Oh look, another drone executing his basic programming

/load ccnfakenews.exe
Loading complete
/run butobama.exe

Oh look, another moron thinking he's clever with computer type.

Fuck off retard.

I quit facebook ages ago. It made me uncomfortable because Im not personally interested in spying on my friends and family and their friends and family. Ill leave that silliness to the governments. Always nice being part of the discussions here though. Discussion forums are the best type of social media.

No mans as tall as a redwood fellow. Were all so very tiny universally speaking.

I quit facebook ages ago. It made me uncomfortable because Im not personally interested in spying on my friends and family and their friends and family. Ill leave that silliness to the governments. Always nice being part of the discussions here though. Discussion forums are the best type of social media.

No mans as tall as a redwood fellow. Were all so very tiny universally speaking.

It's not spying. It's keeping in touch lol.

You sound retarded or high/drunk.

I'm seriously starting to think that social media is just another way for the elite to control us and keep us in line. They are able to control our values and what we think is important while also taking our data so they can learn more on us to condition us further, not to mention shove ads down our throat 24/7.
This is the harsh reality of it. Since the dawn of time all sorts of propaganda has been used by the elites to control us. Social media is a modern tool for implementing control over the masses. It's extremely effective too

No, social media is amazing! That is where I learn that Christians are Easter Worshippers. Otherwise, I thought they worshipped Jesus!

Thanks Obama and Hillary for the knowledge!

This is the harsh reality of it. Since the dawn of time all sorts of propaganda has been used by the elites to control us. Social media is a modern tool for implementing control over the masses. It's extremely effective too

It is only as retarded as you let it be.
Are you stupid enough to base your opinions on a single set of facts?

It's not spying. It's keeping in touch lol.

You sound retarded or high/drunk.

Yeah I got a phone for keeping in touch with people. Theres a good percentage of my friends that dont use any social media too. I guess that might just be odd coincidence.

Get lost.
Dude this guy is an absolute troll. He made a thread plucking Trump's quote out of context and said "I originally thought Trump was innocent but after this it looks bad."

Social media IS poison. It's not up for debate. There's nothing to discuss or pour over. There's no conflicting evidence, social media is shit and turns minds into shit.

Since I stopped using Myspace when I was young ( lol ) I haven't used any social media besides Linkedin.

Obv Sherdog is not social media. Although a lot of posters post stuff from there.

So the real question is : Do you think Sherdog is poisoning our brain??...

giphy.gif

Why yes. Yes it is...
Yes

Been doing a lot of thought about this recently. Are we being conditioned and spied on through social media and the internet? I mean I'm constantly getting custom ads shoving corporatism down my throat overriding my senses. And then on FB and Insta you have this whole thing of striving to be the best and greatest and show off how good your life is.

I'm seriously starting to think that social media is just another way for the elite to control us and keep us in line. They are able to control our values and what we think is important while also taking our data so they can learn more on us to condition us further, not to mention shove ads down our throat 24/7.

I've been spending so much time on FB and Insta looking at how good other people are doing and feeling like shit. I constantly see friends with better lives better jobs. They are all taller and have wives way hotter and I get so jealous. On Insta I constantly see Colby Covington attack minorities and it just brings me down.

I had to delete my social media and I feel way better. I know I will always be accepted here no matter who I am and this is where my truest realest friends are. No one here is superficial like the FB contest of showing off the hottest wife and newest toys.

this only effects you if you have no higher purpose. I also think some older people struggle to separate it from how younger people do. At the same time some young people get way too into it.

I will say this though the people who are anti social media think they are staying one step above a observant spying government but i dont think they are. Think about it, if you were an authortarian government and the government became authortarian one day. Wouldnt it make more sense to go after and monitor the people who have no social media presence and whose lives appear to be hiding something?

If you pay your taxes and have a legal name the government could see if you have a social media presence. If you dont that would set off their alarms as to what you are hiding.

It’s a great tool, but takes a level of maturity and discipline to not be destructive. I ended up getting rid of my FB, eventually the negatives were greater than what I got from having it.

Back