Opinion Is social media poisoning our brains?

WarDosAnjos

Socrates of Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of thought about this recently. Are we being conditioned and spied on through social media and the internet? I mean I'm constantly getting custom ads shoving corporatism down my throat overriding my senses. And then on FB and Insta you have this whole thing of striving to be the best and greatest and show off how good your life is.

I'm seriously starting to think that social media is just another way for the elite to control us and keep us in line. They are able to control our values and what we think is important while also taking our data so they can learn more on us to condition us further, not to mention shove ads down our throat 24/7.

I've been spending so much time on FB and Insta looking at how good other people are doing and feeling like shit. I constantly see friends with better lives better jobs. They are all taller and have wives way hotter and I get so jealous. On Insta I constantly see Colby Covington attack minorities and it just brings me down.

I had to delete my social media and I feel way better. I know I will always be accepted here no matter who I am and this is where my truest realest friends are. No one here is superficial like the FB contest of showing off the hottest wife and newest toys.

Yes. I've felt better since quitting Facebook than a hipster who is gluten free.

Last edited:
Yes. I've felt better since quitting Facebook and all that than a hipster who is gluten free.
Dude thank God I'm not the only one.

I've been so tired hearing about all my friends posting how their kids got 4.0 or graduated from college and meanwhile my son is a dropout and I'm making min wage. Fb took away from making me realize what really matters in life which is being happy

And then I made a post about how we shouldn't judge Conor yet and he probably didn't do the rape and my wife's friend got on there and replied to me and just absolutely bitched me out and called me sexist and got like 50 likes and now my wife is mad at me

Last edited:
Dude thank God I'm not the only one.

I've been so tired hearing about all my friends posting how their kids got 4.0 or graduated from college and meanwhile my son is a dropout and I'm making min wage. Fb took away from making me realize what really matters in life which is being happy

And then I made a post about how we shouldn't judge Conor yet and he probably didn't do the rape in my wife's friend got on there and replied to me and just absolutely bitched me out and called me sexist and got like 50 likes and now my wife is mad at me

Yeah, I saw your wife's friend's post, and for the sake of full disclosure I admit that I liked it. I got right back on the wagon right afterwards though.

With stuff like this?

Yes, this is becoming poison to the minds, and it's setting a really bad precedent.

Anybody ever heard of 'Easter worshipers' in their entire time on this planet?

Duh, of course yes. And we are getting manipulated on Sherdog as well. Some assholes here are paid trolls.

Other people are not doing any better than you. It is an illusion. Many are full of debt trying to pay for a lifestyle over their heads.

Yeah facebook and most other non-anonymous social media set up an environment where people try to 'publicize themselves'. They become their own marketing agent and put up a deception. you won't see them as they really are, because they actively construct their own own image that they want people to see.

For those that get immersed in that there is a big risk of becoming delusional.

Social media IS poison for sure. In fact i wish the 'net had never been invented at all. Yes there are some good aspects of it but it allows the bad parts of human nature to flourish.

Probably, the dopamine rush you get from using it is very addictive. Hell I should probably be in bed but instead I'm here posting this.

This is excellent. I am extremely impressed by the quality of OP.

Is social media poisoning our brains?

It has been for a long time. I saw through it early and avoided it thankfully....
You know something is wrong when everywhere you go entire families are ignoring each other with their phones thrusted deeply into their faces responding to facebook posts, instagram, whatever.

The problem with social media and the internet in general is that no matter how wrong you are about something, you can always find an echo chamber to tell you that you're right. Therefore, you never self-reflect, learn from your mistakes, or basically do anything that builds character - hence the NPC moniker. It's why so many college kids these days behave like literal children. They haven't grown at all since finding their echo chamber, whether it's online or on campus.

Last edited:
Leftism is poisoning your brains. The retardation that stupid leftists vomit all over social media is just a symptom of this brain-eating disease.

Oh shut your stupid face already

You are literally just a drone regurgitating the same meme points some loser troll online has programmed your tiny brain to regurgitate.

Last edited:
Back