Is Silva still a "contender" or is he just going to fight big money fights?

AlabamaFan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Basically I mean is Silva still going to ''work his way'' up for a title shot or is he just back in the game for the big pay day fights, ex. Diaz fight. After the Diaz fight we will know because he will either fight somebody that's a legit contender like Souza or he will fight someone like Bisping or even move up and fight Shogun or someone like that.

Pretty sure he doesn't have the hunger for the belt any more and is just going to do whatever he finds interesting.

Dont see him beating the chris,even if he destroys diaz that doesnt say much about where he stands in mw. I would like to see him in big money fights or even move up to lhw

Will have to wait and see how his return fight is.

Pretty sure he doesn't have the hunger for the belt any more and is just going to do whatever he finds interesting.

True,you could see that after 1st weidman fight

This is so predictable to me. People have wrote off Silva for some reason. Now that he has a nice gimme matchup, he is going to absolutely steamroll Nick Diaz and get people saying he's back.

This is so predictable to me. People have wrote off Silva for some reason. Now that he has a nice gimme matchup, he is going to absolutely steamroll Nick Diaz and get people saying he's back.

This,but that is how most mma fans are
There will be a lot of threads about it when he tko's diaz

he only wants the money now. the reason he wants the title is for more endorsement $

Basically I mean is Silva still going to ''work his way'' up for a title shot or is he just back in the game for the big pay day fights, ex. Diaz fight. After the Diaz fight we will know because he will either fight somebody that's a legit contender like Souza or he will fight someone like Bisping or even move up and fight Shogun or someone like that.

There are no names at MW. He will probably call out GSP, Rashad, Gustafsson, Condit, Mark Hunt etc etc. Pretty much the names which can guarantee the biggest profit.

He must be thinking:
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.

1342248390790-1.gif

We won't find out in his fight against Diaz.

Silva is not a contender. He got killed by Weidman, and hasn't fought since then.

The UFC put out a an easy match up for him to waste a 170 fighter all so everyone can shit themselves and say OMG the Spider is back, and blah blah blah.

They'll log jam the division again and schedule a title fight at least 9 months away where Silva will get owned by Weidman again, and hopefully he'll retire.

As far as big money fights, Silva will only do that against big name guys that have no dangers to beat him. Silva has always ran from dangerous fighters with skill sets to beat him.

Sonnen, Vitor, and Weidman were all guys that the UFC had to force him to fight. While he ran from Weidman for over a year, and said he was done fighting, he jumped at the chance to fight a 40 year old Bonnar. It was pathetic.

I think Silva should stay away from Weidman but I am looking forward to his fight with Diaz and a fight with Bisping would be fun. I do not think he will ever hold the belt but he is still a force (I think) in that division. There are still some fun fights for him and I will always pay for a card that he is on.

Hopefully he's not on a quest to regain the belt. There's a bunch of monsters waiting for title shots in the middleweight division that weren't around when Silva was champ. I don't want to see Silva end up fighting guys he's got not business being in the cage with at his advanced age like BJ Penn did.

Back