Is Shields still a threat to GSP?

Not a question to ask me after spending 25 minutes watching paint dry, but hell no. I was hoping Maia would show that he is a threat, but GSP mauls both of them. Jake Shields has to be the biggest waste of talent in MMA. Grow some GNP, for crissake!

Hell no. Without eyepokes he has nothing for GSP.

GSP was making Jake look absolutely SILLY before that eye poke. It wasn't even a contest.

Although i agree that gsp still beats jake, there is a lot of revisionist history going on about their fight. Jake challenged gsp for sure and it was more than just an eye poke.

If they fight again gsp adjusts strategy and out points him with jabs and quick strikes.

As much as I like Jake Shields he can't out LNP the king of LNP GSP.

Boring fight that don't need to happen again.

He never was a threat and had nothing for GSP apart from eye pokes.

You really don't think GSP could finish more fights if he wanted to? He's the best mma fighter alive, pal.

You really think GSP can finish all of these guys but just doesn't for no reason? He is the best 170lbs mma fighter but still can't finish people, pal.

he might have a better chance this time after poking gsp in the eye again, but if he cant eye poke gsp he has no chance. I think shields is one of my least favorite fighters not even counting his boring style

You really think GSP can finish all of these guys but just doesn't for no reason? He is the best 170lbs mma fighter but still can't finish people, pal.

I would agree with you if I actually saw gsp TRYING to finish a fight. seems he just tries to win points, thats why people say he plays it safe because he doesn't even attempt to finish the fight. MMA is a sport to him not a fight or he would try to imo

Back