Is Shields still a threat to GSP?

He has nothing for GSP.

What's sad is that after tonight it's clear neither does Maia.

I wouldnt say that, GSP was afraid to grapple with Shields...or do you not recall the jab fest during their fight.

At original question, I do not think shields has improved enough on the feet to be a threat to GSP...I just see the fight going the same way as the first one.

Shields might get another shot though if he wins one more, as aside from winner of Condit/Brown ther is no clear contender next in line.

Pretty sure Kim vs Shields is next for him.

Well, I guess the TS got what he wanted - the eye poke enthusiasts and the grappling nuthuggers to challenge each other to a duel. Almost as boring as Shields being in top position.

GSP fights to win position, points, and generally plays the 'game' in a somewhat similar (but slightly less boring) way to Shields.

Nobody wants Shields to be a champ and keep the decision shit in the 170lbs class.

Please give anybody else a chance first.

id like to see Jake try one of those "cling on to 1 leg for dear life" takedowns on GSP.. I don't know if he tried it in their fight before but it would be funny to watch.

GSP probably has more explosiveness in his baby toe than Jake does his entire body

Shields isnt even a threat to the top 5 ww. Shields is only a threat to ratings

That's funny because he has beat Carlos Condit, Demian Maia and Kampmann.. ranked 2,4 and 6. Its boring but it works so shut up.

He has NOTHING for GSP.

GSP's only chance at losing at this stage is being KO'd. My striking is better than Sheilds. So it's not happening. Ever.

You really think he could? Just saying, it's been awhile. He doesn't even try

Yeah exactly he doesnt even try, plays it safe.

Gun to his head, no belt on the line I am sure he would and could finish more fights. He has dropped people before and not stormed in to finish them. He for sure has the power to but he would rather win safe, makes sense really

The only reason shields is still alive was because he poked GSPs eye and made him blind

SHields has nothing for GSP. Unlike 99% of his opponents, he can't hold GSP down.

I am not a gsp nut hugger but shields should have been disqualified for the numerous and intentional eye pokes. I know his striking is ugly but those were clearly intentional IMO. He couldn't even come close to taking gsp down and gsp dropped him good.

Well Shields did take rounds from GSP. However in a rematch Shields would probably get killed he's just to one dimensional to take on GSP.

That's funny because he has beat Carlos Condit, Demian Maia and Kampmann.. ranked 2,4 and 6. Its boring but it works so shut up.

You just mentioned 3 people Jake can take to the ground. However, GSP, Ellenberher, Hendricks probably don't get taken down by him.

K-1 Shields outstruck GSP eye poke or not..And I'm not saying he would win, just sayin

I don't believe Shield has anything for GSP and this rematch is not one I would dream to see very much. But if GSP wins against JH, and if he doesn't retire, they will have to feed him challengers... after what I saw yesterday, I don't think Maia is a threat to the champ

.................................No. :icon_chee GSP won the first time and would win quite handily once again.

Back