Is Sherdog past its prime?

You're just getting older and don't get as much out of it anymore. It happens.

No its not just him, this place really is going to shit. We have people making dumb ass threads now just for the sake of making them like "How do PEDS help an athlete"

I took some years off Sherdizzle came back and theres “likes”, like wtf...? I thought i dumped FB back in ‘12

It happens. It may peak another day. Like the Machida era gone but not forgotten.

The Dog has lost a step. But he’s not in BJ Penn territory yet. We can send him back out there for a few more fights. Call Dana and tell him we need a raise this time though.
welcome-to-the-big-leagues-heres-your-3000-paycheck.jpg

Pros of the "new" Sherdog culture

1. Not so quick to ban people.
2. Much larger user base.
3. More activity and a larger variety of sub-forums and topics

Con of the "new" Sherdog culture

1. Way too many crappy posters and people just trying to get clicks, likes, laughs, and arguments.
2. Less serious discussions about MMA and MMA related topics.
3. Far fewer professional fighters posting here.

So not sure if it's "past it's prime" but it's most definitely different. It's probably followed the trajectory of UFC. More fans now than 15 years ago but also more shitty fans and watered down cards/threads..

Yeah, I miss the vcash days, for sure. You could tell a lot about someone's credibility by how much vcash they had. Those were the days I posted a lot more. That's why I have no likes now. But seriously, any comment, especially the controversial ones, can get a like. Credibility was distinguished and obvious back in the days when we had vcash to spend and show.
I’ll give ya a like ya old bastard

First sign was when people started to call Stipe and then DC HW goats

It’s still great but not as good as before it peaked years ago.

I think Sherdog just isn't performing like it used to be, something feels different.

the explosiveness is gone and it can't pull the trigger anymore. haters might say it's because of usada but Sherdog is fighting since 1997 and had to deal with a lot of injuries, so the body is just broken at this point I think.

what do you guys think, is it time for Sherdog to retire?

<HisEye>

No, everyday another person dies inside and a new sherbrah is born

Made some edits.

it's chin was finally cracked during the "White Belt Uprising" and it's never been the same.
I'm genuinely a little sad when I think of this story because I completely missed it. I only heard about it, maybe that night or the next day after it was resolved.

Off Topic - but not really - can Donny07 be unbanned in his original form, now that 3/4 of Sherdogging is trolling anyway?

Last edited:
Funny you say that, because I looked at the numbers and the forum is doing great. We have a significantly higher active userbase than we have had in years, and March 3rd this year was one of the biggest days in the history of Sherdog (in the top ten).
Confirmed Sherdog using PEDs ;)

I think Sherdog just isn't performing like it used to be, something feels different.

the explosiveness is gone and it can't pull the trigger anymore. haters might say it's because of usada but Sherdog is fighting since 1997 and had to deal with a lot of injuries, so the body is just broken at this point I think.

what do you guys think, is it time for Sherdog to retire?

Sherdog dieing
Just like ufc

Back