is Seagal for real?

Any more real and Seagal would be in UFC with the Heavyweight belt around his waist.

Of course he is, why do you think small joint manipulation ist forbidden?

LOL. JCVD is a fucking tool of the highest degree. He is also a sex pervert.

He also got KOed by Frank Zito because of a lack of class. When Frank Zito punches your lights out because of a lack of class, it's time to rethink your life.

Seriously, JCVD comes off to me as a low class slime ball. I could be wrong, though, as I am no expert.
I'm talking strictly combat he is a badder dude than Seagal but ya he is a weirdo

is he for real? he introduced the world to advanced techniques like the front kick. if he is in dc's corner it poses a real threat to jon jones. dc will likely now be as unpredictable as jones if not moreso.

As far as a martial artist he's legit. Dude is like an 7th dan black belt in Aikido. However, I'm not so sure that he has a whole lot to add in any specific way to guys who are fighting in the UFC these days.

Seagal is no Brock Landers, or even Chest Rockwell for that matter.

I believe it was Seagal that said;
"I know who I am! I'm the dude playin' a dude, disguised as another dude!!"

Seagal is a self deluded man that pretends to be an actor that portrays fictional characters. If that isn't real, I don't know what is.:icon_lol:

I had the pleasure of having a hard sparring match (Gi) with a Aikido black belt "practitioner" and judo brown belt (national competitor). In one engagement he subbed me in about 5 seconds with a classic Aikido setup, takedown to wristlock. This fellow had great circular and linear, hard and soft responses to my attacks, but he only got me once with the "Aikido". I would bet the house on this guy vs Seagal...easily. Seagal uses his cult of personality to affect others, and uses his jedi mind tricks on his followers to bend their feeble wills to his own.
People are knowingly, or unknowingly playing along.

I've trained under 4 traditional martial arts "closet killers" in the past, and have seen this shit play out in their dojo's. Very strange to witness. (Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu, Kung-fu, Karate, Ninjutsu)

Psychologists have a term for this phenomenon...I just can't recall what it is, but it reveals itself well when you observe Seagals demonstrations.

Its my feeling that a D-league mma fighter in Seagals weight class, would make him look foolish 9 out of 10 times, in Seagals "prime" no less.

I believe it was Seagal that said;
"I know who I am! I'm the dude playin' a dude, disguised as another dude!!"

Seagal is a self deluded man that pretends to be an actor that portrays fictional characters. If that isn't real, I don't know what is.:icon_lol:

I had the pleasure of having a hard sparring match (Gi) with a Aikido black belt "practitioner" and judo brown belt (national competitor). In one engagement he subbed me in about 5 seconds with a classic Aikido setup, takedown to wristlock. This fellow had great circular and linear, hard and soft responses to my attacks, but he only got me once with the "Aikido". I would bet the house on this guy vs Seagal...easily. Seagal uses his cult of personality to affect others, and uses his jedi mind tricks on his followers to bend their feeble wills to his own.
People are knowingly, or unknowingly playing along.

I've trained under 4 traditional martial arts "closet killers" in the past, and have seen this shit play out in their dojo's. Very strange to witness. (Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu, Kung-fu, Karate, Ninjutsu)

Psychologists have a term for this phenomenon...I just can't recall what it is, but it reveals itself well when you observe Seagals demonstrations.

Its my feeling that a D-league mma fighter in Seagals weight class, would make him look foolish 9 out of 10 times. In Seagals (prime) no less.

Psychologist have a term for this as well.

it's called jealousy.

well he sorta took credit for anderson's front kick...

and then he was talking about a move that they thought was illegal but wasn't (knee to chest a la Silva v Sonnen 2)

so if DC does some crazy shit this fight, and confirms Seagal had something to do with it....i'd say he's legit.

I'm getting really sick and tired of these constant threads questioning whether Sensei is legit

If Ali was taken down in a street fight by Cormier and subbed would you keyboarders say he isn't legit?

Who cares was gene did to him. doesnt prove anything.

People can make all the jokes they want - and they will - but Seagal absolutely perfected the power in Anderson's frontkick; and then he became the first one to knock out Vitor motherfuckin' Belfort with it, in his very next fight. This shit is fact. Weird as hell, but fact. Gotta hespect the Sensei

I didn't think anyone really believed that

Back