is Seagal for real?

He is a legit martial artist, but I don't think he has much to offer to the top UFC guys. Maybe a morale boost... but I doubt he's really teaching something relevant fight-wise.

No. He is a joke. Nobody with any brains takes him seriously.

His choke defense where he pretends to go to sleep and then empties his bowels to repel the attacker is sheer brilliance.

3664528-5059441657-78793.gif

All these great MMA fighters have studied under Seagal. They can't be wrong. Quit being judgemental.

Steven Seagal is most dangerous man alive. This is true, man

They just listen because he's a famous actor; and hey who knows maybe he'll show something interesting.. he does have 40+ years experience in martial arts.

he presents himself as some kind of human Yoda, making people turn off the cameras and talking about some super secret, extremely highly-effective technique. Reminds me of some Bullshido. But Anderson, Vitor, and now DC seem to take him at least a little bit seriously. Is he actually legit or what?

Obviously you never got those late night one-star kung fu master killer grasshopper, snake, etc etc by lu feng, or chi and cha and chen that.....In all those movies, the best teacher was some made man from the mountains or the bamboo sticks...just crazy...he would always turn out to be the best teacher....Just throwing it out there...I bet segal helps big time.

If I studied various martial arts and combat sports at a high level internationally for that long I would hope to have something to share.

Besides Aikido what other martial art did he study?

If its just Aikido, hard to believe that he can be relevant in combat sports, sorry.

Besides Aikido what other martial art did he study?

If its just Aikido, hard to believe that he can be relevant in combat sports, sorry.

How true. Remember, BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing and wrestling are the ONLY disciplines that work in MMA. Wait...it is still 2004 isn't it?

he presents himself as some kind of human Yoda, making people turn off the cameras and talking about some super secret, extremely highly-effective technique. Reminds me of some Bullshido. But Anderson, Vitor, and now DC seem to take him at least a little bit seriously. Is he actually legit or what?

I believe his knowledge is legit but that's it he's a good teacher but probably would not have faired well in competition ever in his career . We all know van damn challenged him at a party a long time ago and he declined van damn is a legit kick boxer 17-1 and he avenged his only loss with a first KO in his rematch

I legitimately tried to give this Seagal character every benefit when I heard of him after Anderson knocked out Vitor. I YouTubed some of his movies. Most awful acting I've ever seen in the most awful films I've ever seen.

How true. Remember, BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing and wrestling are the ONLY disciplines that work in MMA. Wait...it is still 2004 isn't it?

I'm not saying that, you can take some ideas from Aikido that might work I guess (like the notion of balance and center that you get from practicing it), but I don't think that you'll see an UFC Champ with an Aikido base, like you see with other arts like Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling, Karate etc.

You people are discounting the fact that the baddest man on the planet, the number 1 P4P fighter in the entire fucking world, accredited Steve for one of his absolute best KO's ever.

How do you people discount that? Not only that, but other's started using that move afterwords. Steve basically reintroduced that move back into fighting.

Fuck all you Steve haters. Now, JCVD is a piece of work, but Steve S., he is the real mother fucking deal.

110314-steven-seagal.jpg

b24e9ff34131d156a7d7940f7bda3eb7625e8bf8261ede91685cf81edebdd984.jpg

655368_1.jpg

fat-steven-seagal1.jpg

You people are discounting the fact that the baddest man on the planet, the number 1 P4P fighter in the entire fucking world, accredited Steve for one of his absolute best KO's ever.

How do you people discount that? Not only that, but other's started using that move afterwords. Steve basically reintroduced that move back into fighting.

Fuck all you Steve haters. Now, JCVD is a piece of work, but Steve S., he is the real mother fucking deal.

How can you say that van damn actually has a very successful kickboxing career

How can you say that van damn actually has a very successful kickboxing career

LOL. JCVD is a fucking tool of the highest degree. He is also a sex pervert.

He also got KOed by Frank Zito because of a lack of class. When Frank Zito punches your lights out because of a lack of class, it's time to rethink your life.

Seriously, JCVD comes off to me as a low class slime ball. I could be wrong, though, as I am no expert.

Back