Is running a love/hate relationship

I hate running in the sun/good weather

bring on the cold rain and sleet (especially snow)

I ran new years day at 6 am a few years ago and it started snowing

No one about, light starting to break through

Bliss

You have the right of it. Maybe I feel like I need to make myself miserable, but I love running when it's cold and raining.

You have the right of it. Maybe I feel like I need to make myself miserable, but I love running when it's cold and raining.

It feels.................'right'

No, your enjoyment of it is proportional to your ability at it IMO. I've really been focusing on my sprints and middle distance times these past couple of months and have come to fucking love even the brutally challenging runs. No bullshit or mental trickery, I just started loving it.

It's no different than lifting IMO - at first it's hard and feels like a chore, but as soon as you look at your log and see how quickly you're improving, the payoff is immense. Set yourself some definite goals, start keeping close track of your performance and have every run mean something in a greater context of training, and you'll start having fun.

thankx, hopefully i can at least lessen some of the hate, and enjoy it a bit more

audio ebooks a good idea, but u run in the rain? do a lot of people do that, aint it a little dangerous or somehting?

I haven't slipped yet, even when doing interval work and sprints

I HAVE slipped however doing hill sprints in the middle of a field that had been harvested recently. It didn't put me on my arse but it did get annoying quite quickly (its not like that would stop me from training)

I hate running. But I hate sucking at running even worse. So I run. Last year I couldn't even run a mile without stopping and it took over 10 min. Recently I ran an 8:45 mile. I still suck. So I still run.

The one thing I fear - and think is the best workout - are those sub 20 minute time trial runs. You just have to go as hard as you can the whole way, and make sure that you don't slow down no matter what your brain is telling you. A real test of mental strenght, muscular endurance and lung function.

AS for love/hate - I hate the pain but I love that I do it and get better.

The one thing I fear - and think is the best workout - are those sub 20 minute time trial runs. You just have to go as hard as you can the whole way, and make sure that you don't slow down no matter what your brain is telling you. A real test of mental strenght, muscular endurance and lung function.

AS for love/hate - I hate the pain but I love that I do it and get better.

sounds like my attitude towards running

I haven't slipped yet, even when doing interval work and sprints

I HAVE slipped however doing hill sprints in the middle of a field that had been harvested recently. It didn't put me on my arse but it did get annoying quite quickly (its not like that would stop me from training)

u know maybe ill try the rain one day. i mean i nromally do treadmill when it rains but ill give it a shot

its all good as long as u got some good music with u

plus when u start seeing results its all worth it like other people have said

I love it when people say they don't run because they don't like it.

To me, if I'm doing a conditioning exercise and I'm miserable, that's how I know it's working.

notice, I didn't say that I don't run at all. On the contrary, I thought it was implied that I do run. Just not LSD that much. Usually I do sprints or running intervals at least twice a week (have had to cut back in the recent month due to classes and stuff). And I do attempt to throw in a good LSD session every once in a while, as indicated by my previous post.

For me running is a daily change. There are days I just hate having to run, because the weather can be just horrible, but those are the days that I know that if I push myself, I will improve more and more. Then there are days I love to run especially when it's nice and cool, even in the rain. I think running is so mental that if you think the run will suck, it will, but if your ready for the run and know that you will give it your best, the run will be a good one.

i hate running.... absoutely fuckin hate it but today was my running (aerobic)/ flexibility day and i missed the run because i had to do a report for school. And i feel good still cuz yesterday was my high intenisty workout day (whole body endurance weights, heavy bag boxing drills, kicks on heavy bag, grappling, circuit training cardio... about 3 and half hours).

notice, I didn't say that I don't run at all. On the contrary, I thought it was implied that I do run. Just not LSD that much. Usually I do sprints or running intervals at least twice a week (have had to cut back in the recent month due to classes and stuff). And I do attempt to throw in a good LSD session every once in a while, as indicated by my previous post.

exscuse me for asking cause i know i will sound like an idot... but hey this aint the heavyweghts so i wont get bashed... so whats LSD stand for long --- distance

long slow duration/distance. I always forget which one it means exactly, but they're both pretty much amount to the same thing- aerobic training.

And I spent the first week in the conditoning forum convinced that everyone was into doing recreational drugs.

Hate. Even when it was a regular thing in the military, I never liked it. Prolly never will lol

I hate running in the sun/good weather

bring on the cold rain and sleet (especially snow)

I ran new years day at 6 am a few years ago and it started snowing

No one about, light starting to break through

Bliss

And he wonders why he's sick. :icon_lol: Just messin with ya. Getting any better yet?

And he wonders why he's sick. :icon_lol: Just messin with ya. Getting any better yet?

Funnily enough I was at my healthiest doing this

The illness came on after having a break and jumping back into it :redface:

Yeah I'm feeling better thanks mate.
Still feel weak and sore throat but I need to get into training so a bit of bag work today and started back into it *sigh* building up again *sigh* come monday

I don't like building up though :icon_cry2

Back