Is Rumble Johnson the hardest hitter in UFC history?

Is Rumble Johnson the hardest hitter in UFC History?

• Total voters
that's fucking stupid. no one's arguing whether or not Rumble hits hard, the question raised was whether he's the hardest hitter in UFC history. Do you even comprehension bro?

What does Arlovski have to do with whether Rumble is the hardest hitter in UFC history?

Part of me wants to put arlovski over him. He's cracked so many iron chins but he also let schaub & Mir survive. Rumble is def top 5 tho.

Part of me wants to put arlovski over him. He's cracked so many iron chins but he also let schaub & Mir survive. Rumble is def top 5 tho.
Prime arlovski was a fucking monster. One of my favorite fighters.

Carwin would be too slow to throw massive punches like that. AJ is explosive and more athletic.

It's cute that you think he hits harder than a 300 pound man feared for his ko power.

This thread again... Didn't we just have this exact thread like a week ago?

Carwin and maybe Hunt are higher up.

In terms of LHW.... probably.

At LHW sure, maybe with prime Page and Randleman as contenders

All class?
No, in his only HW fight he did'nt KTFOed Arlovski

Carwin, JDS, Hunt and probably some other had different power imho

AJ is very explosive (not only in the sherdog way) in his striking, but imho does'nt put the same weight on his punches

That was a depleted Johnson who had a horrible weight cut, and not to mention the ridiculous stand up by mirgliotta... He would destroy vitor now

From a thread about a year ago:

With 1:48 left in the round, Rogan goes: "wow really quick stand-ups by Miragliotta"

Stand-up #1: 34 seconds of no action.
dOmGO79.jpg

tKHI8Cp.jpg

Stand-up #2: 41 seconds of no action
m4LhMGi.jpg

1Oe6wcz.jpg

Great job by the Mirg

Doing nothing other than sitting in Vitor's guard and breathing like Sandra Bullock in Gravity for long periods of time deserve to be stood up.

No. Plenty of guys hit harder.

Carwin
Hunt
Miocic
Lesnar
Nelson
Dos Santos
Reem
Etc.

But out of the lhw's I would say yes

Lesnar? Has that been verified. I never thought Lesnar was considered a hard hitter. I'm pretty sure Rumble could punch harder at HW than Brock Lesnar. But if I'm wrong, someone please disabuse me.

He isnt as fast cuz he is 50 pounds heavier!! lol, anthony would move like he does 50 pounds heavier.. YOU must not understand athletics in general.

I said he isnt that much more athletic than the previous #2 HEAVYWEIGHT in the world. And not more than many many other mma fighters, even in his division. So shut up with the bullshit...

Carwin was a two-time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up as a Heavyweight, and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999. He was also a two-time All-American linebacker at Western State and was chosen to participate in the Senior Bowl. He was also considered a late round NFL prospect.

But yeah, Anthony Johnson is more athletic...

He may be hardest hitting LHW...just by the nature of Physics a HW is going to hit harder than Rumble. Tank Abbott used to cause seizures with his punching power.....

Hunt
JDS
Vitor
Roy
Carwin

I think all hit harder.

Rumble dicktucked from the standup vs Vitor and spammed takedowns.
Vitor's not a 1-hit KO kind of guy though (unless it's with a kick).

He usually stuns his opponent and follows up with a 12 punch combo

Lesnar? Has that been verified. I never thought Lesnar was considered a hard hitter. I'm pretty sure Rumble could punch harder at HW than Brock Lesnar. But if I'm wrong, someone please disabuse me.
I think Lesnar actually does hit VERY hard. His technique sucked though and he was never comfortable exchanging

Vitor's not a 1-hit KO kind of guy though (unless it's with a kick).

He usually stuns his opponent and follows up with a 12 punch combo
He can do both, see the Matt Lindland or Terry Martin fights.

Also, Rumble was scared to stand with Vitor and did nothing but spam takedowns in their fight... you cant be considered the scariest striker, if there's a striker you're not willing to stand with.

Back