Is Rumble Johnson the 3rd greatest LHW ever

I mean to be fair to him Rumble was a VERY dangerous puncher, arguebly the most dangerous ever at LHW, maybe Wanderlei might have something to say about that I spose but he certainly could be a threat to any LHW.

He also had to establish a wrestling threat against Jimi Manuwa and wrestled him basically the whole 1st round

Rumble has alot of power but hes very insecure and a scared man behind all that power. Theres a reason hes called Crumble and folds when things get tough and why he killed years of his life tryna make 170. Even Hooft had to beg him not to quit and left him stranded after the DC rematch lol

To be fair, Rumble only crumbled against Cormier. He wrecked everyone else during that time, including Gus, who gave Jones the toughest fight in his career.

Lmao no. "Lhw" Saku would choke him till he shit his pants

Just bad timing. He fought while Jones and Cormier were at their peaks at LHW.
I still think he had would it took to beat DC, at least physically and skill wise. That second fight still bothers me since he chose to wrestle in the first round. I still wonder how the fight would've played it if he just kept stalking DC around the cage and picked his shots.

Since there has been a lot of talk about rumble later figured I bump this

Ability wise? Sure but not on accomplishment, but I would place a Rampage Jackson or Shogun at #3, I may not like Cormier but he would sit somewhere around #2

nope, no ground game, got some nice KO finishes, but never even top 10.

Back