Is Rumble Johnson the 3rd greatest LHW ever

You could make a case for DC as Rank 2 LHW of all time since he not only defended the belt a couple of times, he has accomplishments in a class directly above him and even became a champ in HW as well.

Rumble should have done more than what he did during his LHW tenure since at WW and at MW, he wasn't at his proper weight class due to cutting massive amounts of weight. The match-ups for him in LHW before Cormier came was mostly favourable for him; he would have matched well against guys like Forrest, Rampage, and Chuck. Even Jones didn't want too much of him in their pre-fight really.

In terms of skill he is, in terms of his accomplishments no.

He was a danger to an LHW in history.... in the opening minutes of a fight. He was far too flawed of a fighter to promote him over some of the greats of the division's heyday. Hell no. If you are an ignorant fuck if you try to rank him above much more accomplished fighters like Wanderlei, Shogun, Rampage, Hendo, Chuck, Randy, Machida, Tito, Rashad, Arona, Little Nog... the list goes on of more ACCOMPLISHED fighters. Could he have given some of those guys a lot of trouble? Maybe. All the same he coudl have gassed after 2 minutes then given up his neck.

dae400a042201d403db850861dfae6ea.gif

Thats a stretch. He has four top5 wins at UFC LHW

Other than the obvious names like Jones, Cormier, Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Shad, Chuck, Tito, he is right there

+ Wand (how the hell did you forget him), Hogerio, Couture and Hendo. He does have a good case over anyone else so i guess not close is a bit of a stretch on my part

Id rank Rumble over Arona, Davis, Bader, Glover, Gus (easily), Frank, Forrest, Vitor, Mezger. Arona at his best is right there with some of those guys you named but his career was too short.

Fucking certainly Rumble over Gus. That's no debate.

Gus is the most overrated fighter maybe ever. All of his big wins are close losses. Talented cat, but the resume wasn't there at ALL

Shogun is #2, followed by Chuck/Wand/Rampage.

DC isn't even top 5 and Rumble prob isn't even top 10.

i wouldnt wouldnt have wand in any ufc top ranking. wasnt alot of wand ufc career at 185?

I don't have a lot of confidence that Rumble will do well with his comeback.

After Jones and Cormier? Is that fair to place him as number 3?
You do realize the UFC has been around since the mid 90's right? He never even held a belt. I like Rumble but gtfo with your nonsense. Damn newbie.

Reactions: lsa
I understand he had a mediocre resume but how much of that is his fault really and not other fighters fearing and ducking him?

Hard to rank him above:

Chuck
Wand
Randy
Rampage
Shogun
Tito
Machida
Rashad

Beast in the division and was the clear cut number 3.

Would still be interested in Boner Rumble. Just because DC beat Rumble doesn't equate that Jon atuomatically will.

He has some really good wins but not GOAT. When you say GOAT LHW, the names that come up are Shogun, Wand, Chuck, DC, Boner (if you don't disqualify for steroids), etc.

How you gonna disrespect Rampage like that? Rampage is either #1 or #2 for me

Back