Is Rumble Johnson the 3rd greatest LHW ever

No chance .....barely top 10 based on accomplishments.....I do think he could beat most everyone else .....But he’s a front runner that looks for the door at the first sign of adversity

Doesn't have the resume, but based on ability alone he is top2-3. DC was just a bad match up for him.

He is the best MMA striker ever, never got outstruck, dropped or rocked on the feet.
Wow ....you’re a clueless ....go back to the drawing board bud

Reactions: lsa
Yes, sorry I don't care about hispter's definitions of "good striking". Effectiveness is what matters.
I get what your saying, but wouldn't that make Jon Jones, Khabib or GSP that best strikers ever?

They were probably the most effective strikers because of the danger of the takedown.

Nowhere close to top 10

Thats a stretch. He has four top5 wins at UFC LHW

Other than the obvious names like Jones, Cormier, Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Shad, Chuck, Tito, he is right there

Hell nah.

Shogun, Wanderlei, Chuck, Jackson....

Probably more I'm forgetting.....

Rumble outstrikes all of those guys...he only gets in danger if he tires out and ends up on the ground (most likely to happen with prime Shogun). The problem, though, is Rumble didn't fight enough at LHW to rank in the Top 3 all time. Very impressive wins over Bader, Davis, Glover, etc. though.

Thats a stretch. He has four top5 wins at UFC LHW

Other than the obvious names like Jones, Cormier, Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Shad, Chuck, Tito, he is right there
There's more then 10 former LHW champions, all of whom had more than 4 top 5 victories... and that's just the champions.

Last edited:
Rumble has a chance to win the UFC belt in a LHW division full of strikers. That's his forte. The big question is how will he look after such a long layoff and at his current age? The earliest he can fight is Feb. 2021 and he turns 37 a month after that...

no. some guy names chuck randy and rashid have something to say about that.

Shogun is #2, followed by Chuck/Wand/Rampage.

DC isn't even top 5 and Rumble prob isn't even top 10.

Doesn't have the resume, but based on ability alone he is top2-3. DC was just a bad match up for him.

He is the best MMA striker ever, never got outstruck, dropped or rocked on the feet.
Vitor had rumble diving for his ankles

Rumble outstrikes all of those guys...he only gets in danger if he tires out and ends up on the ground (most likely to happen with prime Shogun). The problem, though, is Rumble didn't fight enough at LHW to rank in the Top 3 all time. Very impressive wins over Bader, Davis, Glover, etc. though.
Shogun, Rampage and Chuck have the chins to outlast him I believe.

The top two are incorrect and I'd rank a turtleneck above Rumble.

Back