Is Rozen vs Gane a coin flip?

Gane has impeccable and composed striking. Moreover, he moves well and stays light on his feet while being 250ish. Supreme athlete if you ask me.
Either Gane takes him down and uses his blue belt bjj level to submit 3rd stripe white belt Roz.
Or we get to see a Glory kickboxing match with small gloves on (which is way more likely to me) in which I think Gane will have a clear advantage

Anyways, Gane decision at almost +300 has insane value. Gane doesn't hit that hard (for a HW of course) and has more of a composed low-risk low-reward striking style. On the other hand, Roz has enough of a chin to not get cracked by a jab like Junior did.

I think Gane might be too accurate and fast for Rozen, Rozen has big power of course, but he is very flat footed and ploddy, I can see Gane picking him apart

I'm expecting to see a Chop Kicking calf & thigh fest, yelling timber in the 3rd...

Gane doesn't excel at anything. It's a good matchup for Rozenstruik.

Nonsense. He’s got some of the best MT/kickboxing in the division?
Rozenstruik had a decent punchers chance. My bet is he gets outclassed on the feet and gets decisions or stopped late

Well I'm certainly not expecting the flat footed plodding guy to be delivering quick hard chopping kicks on anyone.
Well, you should. He is a kickboxer and from ATT, he has pretty good and fast leg kicks, and his narrow upright stance helps to check leg kicks in return. Against a wide stance fighter like Gane, it will be in his gameplan for sure.

Gane has also good leg kicks that he mixes well with middle and high and that he uses to disguise his stance switch.

Watch it be like Kimbo vs Houston or Black Beast vs Ngannou. We do not have the best luck with blacksplosive hard hitting heavyweights.

Two good strikers who don’t combine for a legit blue belt on the ground.

On paper this should be a good scrap, but I’m thinking it’s gonna look like your average technical Glory point fight. Not a bad thing if you’re a striking aficionado.

<mma4>
I wonder what you would decide stipe’s jiu jitsu level is despite him never rolling in the Gi and always being dominant in the clinch/in grappling situations

AchingIndolentBarnswallow-size_restricted.gif

I wonder what you would decide stipe’s jiu jitsu level is despite him never rolling in the Gi and always being dominant in the clinch/in grappling situations

Hey goof, when have I ever put down Stipes grappling? I’ve always said him and DC are leagues above the division when it comes to grappling. The belt system obviously being a measuring tool. (Khabib and Jones being an example of the best grapplers in the sport who don’t put in the Gi).

If you don’t see the massive drop off in grappling skill between those guys and subpar grapplers like Gane/Jairzinho, idk what to tell you.

Gane's hypetrain derails tonight. Even if he wins, hes going to look bad

Hey goof, when have I ever put down Stipes grappling? I’ve always said him and DC are leagues above the division when it comes to grappling. The belt system obviously being a measuring tool. (Khabib and Jones being an example of the best grapplers in the sport who don’t put in the Gi).

If you don’t see the massive drop off in grappling skill between those guys and subpar grapplers like Gane/Jairzinho, idk what to tell you.
I was (poorly) making the point that jiu jitsu isn’t the end all be all of grappling especially in mma. You mention a lot of guys’ belts when you talk about grappling but jiu jitsu mastery isn’t as important as it used to be. At heavyweight Especially where guys like gane and Aspinall are yanking subs up Out of nowhere in the fringe top 15

I was (poorly) making the point that jiu jitsu isn’t the end all be all of grappling especially in mma. You mention a lot of guys’ belts when you talk about grappling but jiu jitsu mastery isn’t as important as it used to be. At heavyweight Especially where guys like gane and Aspinall are yanking subs up Out of nowhere in the fringe top 15

What point are you trying to make? Look at my post history, I’m no fan of the Gi when it comes to applying it in MMA. However there’s levels to this and it’s still a proper measuring tool when it comes to grading someone’s understanding of grappling.

1. Aspinall is a black belt, his father Andy is a longtime black belt from a legit lineage and he’s been training under him since he was a child. The guys put his time on the mat. BJJ is his base.

2. Gane on the other hand is literally muscling subs against bums off the street (half of the heavyweight division). I don’t find anything impressive with his grappling whatsoever. No different than Ngannou ripping Kimuras before Stipe put him on his back and exposed him as an intro level white belt.

What point are you trying to make? Look at my post history, I’m no fan of the Gi when it comes to applying it in MMA. However there’s levels to this and it’s still a proper measuring tool when it comes to grading someone’s understanding of grappling.

1. Aspinall is a black belt, his father Andy is a longtime black belt from a legit lineage and he’s been training under him since he was a child. The guys put his time on the mat. BJJ is his base.

2. Gane on the other hand is literally muscling subs against bums off the street (half of the heavyweight division). I don’t find anything impressive with his grappling whatsoever. No different than Ngannou ripping Kimuras before Stipe put him on his back and exposed him as an intro level white belt.

@BRASIL WAND handing out Ls in my thread

Back