Is Rousey's legacy ruined?

This loss will not change what she accomplished overall in WMMA.

However, it does validate the point that she did great against weak competition.

3 of Nunes 4 losses are to girls Ronda beat in seconds

I don't like the comparison to Royce.

Women have been fighting almost as long as men and if you aren't familiar with fighters like Mega Megu, Marloes Coenen, Gina Carano and Erin Toughill, you haven't been following the sport at all.

Yea the Royce comparison is pretty dumb. But most comments re. Ronda are pretty dumb these days

This loss will not change what she accomplished overall in WMMA.

However, it does validate the point that she did great against weak competition.

I disagree. It shows that her striking isn't on par with fairly decent strikers. Reasonable people have known that for years. She has power in punches but poor technique.

If she had gotten the fight to the ground early she likely would have outclassed Amanda and be the champ.

I suspect someone will accuse me of it so for the record no I'm not making excuses for her losing nor am I playing the 'woulda, shoulda, coulda game'. I'm pointing out that Amanda was able to implement her game first. Happens in MMA and happens in WMMA. That doesn't make the prior competition weak.

she finished another grappler with strikes(kind of an early stoppage) in mcmann and she finished what ever the hell bethe thinks she is. she is without a doubt a one trick pony
Beat Davis with strikes.

You clowns are blinded by your hate.

Step 1: what is her legacy?

Step 2: did last night change that?

Of course not. That'd be like saying Tiger Woods' legacy has been ruined by the past few years when the field passed him by; it doesn't invalidate the dominant run leading up to the fade.

Ronda destroyed a long string of opponents...that happened, and the past two fights don't change the fact that it happened.

Beat Davis with strikes.

You clowns are blinded by your hate.
another grappler. im not tryin to hate. i picked her against holm and would root for here against anyone other than nunes. but shes not well rounded at all

Eventually some will figure out that Cyborg - Gina headlined a tv card before ronda, and it should be completely obvious that cyborg, roided or not, would have done the same thing that Nunes did. If Cyborg keeps fighting after the suspension she will do to Nunes what Nunes did to ronda. Nunes isn't that good. ronda and Tate have very poor standup defense.

ronda still beats the majority of the top ten in under two minutes.

not at all ronda's legacy is convincing the ufc to allow women to fight in the ufc and giving them a platform to make bigger money then they ever could in invicta and main event ppvs no many how many losses she takes you cant take that away

She was definitely exposed twice, badly

She entered MMA as a olympian when the opponents were soft ("lucrative business")
Now she doesnt belong in the top 5

She is the reason women are in the UFC....as a Champion she beat a bunch of women in a developing sport....the sport grew up and left her behind quickly...Ronda does not have the skill set to be a Champion at the current level of the sports development...One thing cannot be disputed she got Dana White to open the UFC to women and for that all female MMA fighters should be grateful!

ronda still beats the majority of the top ten in under two minutes.

I dont see her beating Shevchenko, Pena, Holm... Cat? maybe

and against Amanda she would lose 99 of 100 times sadly

Nope. Everyone loses.

People said the same shit after Fedor lost to Werdum and Anderson losing to Weidman.

no, people are just losers. Rousey's legacy is going to be fine, she just isn't the unbeatable god people thought she was.

I can't think of another situation where Americans were so hoping for an American athlete to lose to a foreigner

I dont see her beating Shevchenko, Pena, Holm... Cat? maybe

and against Amanda she would lose 99 of 100 times sadly

Pretty much agree. You notice that I didn't say majority of top 5 or majority of top 15.

In 100 fights against Nunes, how many times could ronda throw Nunes and wear her down from the top, and survive a second round? Could ronda get an arm bar? Is it 99 of 100, or maybe 93, 94, 95 of 100? ronda isn't getting back in a cage with her; we will never know.

Last edited:
Eventually some will figure out that Cyborg - Gina headlined a tv card before ronda, and it should be completely obvious that cyborg, roided or not, would have done the same thing that Nunes did. If Cyborg keeps fighting after the suspension she will do to Nunes what Nunes did to ronda. Nunes isn't that good. ronda and Tate have very poor standup defense.
word

Are we talking Mike Tyson? Not sure why, but yeah he was a very well rounded boxer. Had speed and power, was elusive as hell, could throw combination punches rarely scene in the HW division and wasn't that big of a HW. In no way was he a one trick pony. He had like 8 title defenses, first to unify all 3 titles. When he fired his original team is when a cap was put on his ability and he started to regress from there. Became a headhunter after he let go of the Cus connection and filled his camp with yes men then went to prison. Was never the same again.

I don't see the Rousey connection.
I was thinking the same thing!

Back