Is Rousey's legacy ruined?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
She will be known as the woman who made WMMA big.

But as far as a fighter, she will be known as a 1-trick pony who got exposed. Will never be called an all-time great due to her lack of skills in all areas barring judo.

No, this was always her destiny. Thank you for all the laughs honda

She will be known as the women who made WMMA big.

But as far as a fighter, she will be known as a 1-trick pony who got exposed. Will never be called an all-time great due to her lack of skills in all areas barring judo.
No

It's s royces legacy ruined? He was also a 1 trick pony.
So was mark Coleman, so was almost every pioneer.
Rhonda is a female pioneer in MMA.

Disliking her does not change that.

This loss will not change what she accomplished overall in WMMA.

However, it does validate the point that she did great against weak competition.

She's basically Royce. Nobody thinks Royce's legacy is ruined because he lost a bunch and then pissed hot.

Greatest ever. Retire undefeated. Once in a lifetime athlete.

This loss will not change what she accomplished overall in WMMA.

However, it does validate the point that she did great against weak competition.

What did she accomplish in WMMA? She was a marketing tool who fought people who mostly should never have been allowed to fight. The best of the people she beat had really poor skills. I guess that makes her a pioneer......

She had no legacy. Anyone with a brain saw she had her fights handpicked to hype the shit out of her. She's decent at best. We already knew that.

No

Social media wasn't as prominent back then and these people weren't as arrogant as Ronda Rousey. Her legacy is tarnished.

Social media wasn't as prominent back then and these people weren't as arrogant as Ronda Rousey. Her legacy is tarnished.
Not as arrogant???
Shiiiiiiit! Are you sure we are talking about the same Royce Gracie?

No

i agree with you when it comes to her fighting. i disagree with you when it comes to her legacy as a fighter. unfortunately for her, being famous and rising as far as she did in terms of reputation, and this fall from grace of hers, is also going to affect her fighting legacy. if she had only acted like a humble and respectable person, her fighting legacy wouldn't have been as badly affected. the regular person on the street only sees ronda as a terrible person who was embarrassed twice.

Greatest ever. Retire undefeated. Once in a lifetime athlete.

i bet she wishes EVERY DAY that she had retired before the holly fight. she would have walked of into the sunset as this all-time badass woman fighter. instead, she became exposed just after the rest of the competition had caught up to her. shitty acting or not, she would have gotten all kinds of hollywood roles, and could have lived off that for the rest of her life.

It is definitely tarnished, I know as a neophyte I used to think Royce was the baddest guy on the planet and would be until he was old. To watch his career once everyone caught up and ran right by him put some tarnish on his career for me. He is still a great MMA pioneer but I don't feel the same about his legacy as I used to. I don't feel that way about Fedor who just got old. Rousey has been shown to be a one dimensional fighter who feasted on the early days of WMMA. The few top girls and all the new talented girls will all be much better than her going forward but she still had a great run and really built WMMA from the ground up for the future. Before Rousey I didn't give 2 shits about WMMA, except when Carano fought because I want/ed to bang her lol.

She will be known as the woman who made WMMA big.

tysons wasnt.

She had 6 title defenses that's more than most champs I think the only ones with more are Anderson, MM, Jones and GSP that's probably it?

Back