Is rondas belt anymore legit than cyborgs?

didnt even know she had a belt.....i know that kick boxer...messed her up good...

Did you watch the fight or are you simply repeating what you have heard ?.

Cyborg is clearly the most hated fighter on Sherdog, so I avoid these threads as they quickly turn into a repeating cycle of unrepentant scorn.

cyborgs belt > rondas belt >>>> conors toy belt

Cyborg's belt, defended on Fight Pass with a few thousand viewers

Ronda's belt, defended on Pay Per View with a million purchases

Conor's belt, won on Pay Per View with a million purchases

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

I think the question should be about reverence of their titles as opposed to legitimacy.

Here are the current top 30 p4p women MMA fighters in the world (Courtesy Zec1234 who puts a ton of work into these things)

g_FFtr_RkTbl_A25_P4P.jpg

11 of the top 30 fight in Ronda Rousey's division - the UFC women's bantamweight division

1 of the top 30 fight in Cyborg's division - Cyborg herself

Rousey's record against the top 30 p4p in the world is 6-0

Cyborg's record against the top 30 is 0-0 - having not fought any of them.

"They (Rousey and Cyborg opponents) are all just a bunch of chicks so basically it's all the same thing, right?" is not a coherent argument.

Boom! How is that for clarity. :icon_chee

Cyborg's opponents are not even ranked in the top 30, lol. So no, Ronda's and Cyborg's respective belts are not same. I mean damn, at least all of Ronda's championship wins are over ranked fighters.

I think the question should be about reverence of their titles as opposed to legitimacy.

I know that's what people think they read in the thread title and OP, but that wasn't the question.

Cyborg's belt, defended on Fight Pass with a few thousand viewers

Ronda's belt, defended on Pay Per View with a million purchases

Conor's belt, won on Pay Per View with a million purchases

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Cyborg's belt is more legitimate by it being undisputed, and actually beating a true title contender with a full camp, and got it without having to whine about "deserving" a title fight.

Cyborg's belt is more legitimate by it being undisputed, and actually beating a true title contender with a full camp, and got it without having to whine about "deserving" a title fight.

Cyborg's belt is more legitimate by it being undisputed - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
beating a true title contender with a full camp - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know that's what people think they read in the thread title and OP, but that wasn't the question.

Cyborg's Strikeforce belt was undisputed. The Invicta belt is disputed with the existence of Bellator's featherweight belt. Bellator's featherweight division also has better talent.

Cyborg's Strikeforce belt was undisputed. The Invicta belt is disputed with the existence of Bellator's featherweight belt. Bellator's featherweight division also has better talent.

Not to mention that Cyborgs Strikeforce belt was stripped from her due to the fact that she cheated to get it

Well both are WMMA champs but only one of them looks like a woman.

Cyborg's belt is more legitimate by it being undisputed - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
beating a true title contender with a full camp - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I see you make no effort to refute what I said, and instead allow blind hatred for one fighter, and blind but hugging for others cloud you to reality.

What makes Bellator's belt anywhere near as legit as Invicta's, which has been around longer? Only people going to Bellator to fight are Coenen, who already lost to Cyborg twice, and Budd, who aside from being a terrible fighter, ran from Cyborg.

I see you make no effort to refute what I said, and instead allow blind hatred for one fighter, and blind but hugging for others cloud you to reality.

Why would I bother refuting nonsense? Its a waste of time. Cyborg beat a viable contender? You mean like 5-2 Faith Van Duin? Who had her first MMA fight 2 years ago? Or do you meen Charmaine Tweet before that? The girl who is 6-5? (oh and Tweet is also nearly 40 years old)

People talking shit about Bethe conveniently forget that she is better than 11/13 of Cyborgs opponents

People talking shit about Bethe conveniently forget that she is better than 11/13 of Cyborgs opponents

This. Rousey has faced much better competition than Cyborg has. Whether this adds legitimacy to a belt probably relies on how one views belts.

One belt is harder to defend, is more respected worldwide, and attracts far more attention than the other. I don't know whether that makes Rousey's belt more legit, but it makes it more important.

It's like comparing a Harvard degree to a GED.

What makes Bellator's belt anywhere near as legit as Invicta's, which has been around longer? Only people going to Bellator to fight are Coenen, who already lost to Cyborg twice, and Budd, who aside from being a terrible fighter, ran from Cyborg.

Invicta's belt has not been around significantly longer.

Cyborg was the first Invicta featherweight champion and won the title in April of 2013. She has defended the belt twice. Coenen won the inaugural belt in October, 2014. That doesn't sound like a huge time gap to me.

Are you really going to claim a 1 year gap between two organizations, where the talent is actually superior in Bellator does not have a legitimate claim to being just as credible as the Invicta featherweight belt?

This isn't a super stacked division vs a division that isn't stacked.

And Cyborg fighting 4 times in 3 years against Muxlow, Coenen, Tweet and Van Duinn isn't exactly an argument for "undisputed" or a reign backed up by a lot of title defenses.

Nor is the argument of her beating fighters 4+ years ago after a 1 year lay off and minimal fight production. All the fighters she defeated previously 4+ years ago aren't going to be the same exact fighters.

At best you can say that Cyborg is the best featherweight. To claim that the Invicta belt is the unequivocal, undisputed symbol of supremacy in the weight class is just laughable. Being the best fighter doesn't make the title undisputed, any more than Fedor being the best made the M-1 title undisputed.

Invicta's belt has not been around significantly longer.

Cyborg was the first Invicta featherweight champion and won the title in April of 2013. She has defended the belt twice. Coenen won the inaugural belt in October, 2014. That doesn't sound like a huge time gap to me.

Are you really going to claim a 1 year gap between two organizations, where the talent is actually superior in Bellator does not have a legitimate claim to being just as credible as the Invicta featherweight belt?

This isn't a super stacked division vs a division that isn't stacked.

And Cyborg fighting 4 times in 3 years against Muxlow, Coenen, Tweet and Van Duinn isn't exactly an argument for "undisputed" or a reign backed up by a lot of title defenses.

Nor is the argument of her beating fighters 4+ years ago after a 1 year lay off and minimal fight production. All the fighters she defeated previously 4+ years ago aren't going to be the same exact fighters.

At best you can say that Cyborg is the best featherweight. To claim that the Invicta belt is the unequivocal, undisputed symbol of supremacy in the weight class is just laughable. Being the best fighter doesn't make the title undisputed, any more than Fedor being the best made the M-1 title undisputed.

Well, Invicta might be new, but what other FW:s are there out there, that possibly could be considered better than Cyborg? The division is still woefully barren.

Well, Invicta might be new, but what other FW:s are there out there, that possibly could be considered better than Cyborg? The division is still woefully barren.

I agree completely that Featherweight is a wasteland. However, the OP's question was whether the Invicta belt was just as legitimate as the UFC's belt.

The answer is simple, the UFC belt is fully legitimate in that it represents a division with the vast majority of the best talent the weight class has to offer, and is defended by a champion who has taken on the majority of the highest rank challengers at the weight class. Invicta's is not.

That's without even getting into discussions of value of the belts, economic differences and market presence between the organizations, or that the UFC belt is known and recognized by huge numbers of people and the Invicta belt is obscure and unknown.

Back