Is Ronda the most mainstream fighter ever?

Not really but she maybe getting there even my Mom knows about her fights.

Based on my life, no.

Liddell is still more popular imo. My 50 year old workmate gives zero fucks about mma, but I still talk to him about it. He always asks, if " the Mohawk guy" still fights. He knows Ronda now because of me but its more about MMA not being mainstream. It will always be a fringe sport to some degree but maybe Ronda can change that.

Liddell was the first fighter that really went "mainstream" but when he did it MMA was barely being covered by any sports channel. If he was doing now what he was doing 10 years ago he would be head and shoulders above rousey. Fuck if Carano hadnt of quit after the Cyborg fight she would be more "mainstream"

Lol

ForbiddenSun rekt abused and molested. First reply was mispelled grammar wrong, and putting a wrongly spelled word into a sentence when claiming online superiority? lol

I won.

* you're

You're not off to a good start.

I keep it simple for guys like you Bobbie

giphy.gif

In what country?

In the US yes.

In Canada GSP > her.

In Ireland McGregor > her.

In Brazil Anderson > her.

In Poland Pudzian > her.

In Japan Sakuraba > her.

In Sweden Gus > her.

A truly global mainstream star would be someone like M.Jordan or M.Jackson, bigger than any local stars in just about any country. Rousey is an ant in comparison to MJs, but for the irrelevant sport of MMA she's pretty big.

I call bullshit.

Ronda is a one word name that everybody fucken knows globally, spaniard.

Including Spain's casual soccer fans.

The only other person that was really any mainstream was Brock Lesnar, and even he doesn't come close. The women seem to have more mainstream potential than the men. One example is Gina Carano , famous as well and she only fought in the B-leagues.

Brock didn't come close? Call me when Ronda can sell half the ppvs Brock did or become a fourth as wealthy.

Unable to differentiate between your and you're.

Teenager manlet gif copying machine.

Rekt again :)

Coming from the guy who spells Ronda with an "H". LOL

And uses terms like "rekt" but calls me a teenager?

God I hope you are a troll account you can't be this dumb

Last edited:
I call bullshit.

Ronda is a one word name that everybody fucken knows globally, spaniard.

Including Spain's casual soccer fans.

what the fuck do you know from your basement? 'everybody' my ass. You obviously don't know what the word 'mainstream' means. Here in Australia 98% of people wouldn't know shit about Ronda. Just because she may be all over the media in the US don't be fooled into thinking the rest of the world know about her apart from fight fans.

I asked my mom who has never watched a mma fight in her entire life if she knew who ronda rousey was.......she said yes

Well if your mom knows who she is then its settled. RR is the most poplar human being in history.

Probably. Kim Kardashian is one of if not near enough THE most mainstream actress at the moment [And like Ronda's competition I use the term actress loosely].

Probably. Kim Kardashian is one of if not near enough THE most mainstream actress at the moment [And like Ronda's competition I use the term actress loosely].

Kim isn't actress

As much as I dislike Ronda and find her ducking of Cyborg annoying, yeah she is the most mainstream fighter who fought in the UFC.

But every teenager who had internet knew who "Kimbo" was as well. They might not have known that he was fighting in MMA, but they knew the face/name and most of them had seen one of his backyard brawls.

They are both mainstream for different reasons, but they are the 2 most well known for sure.

RF

Back