is ronda rousey vs. holly holm the most alliterative ufc title fight ever?

It was the way you put it ("risk everything by fighting Miesha"). That sounds a bit overly...dramatic.

Not disagreeing with you as such, but you could argue, too, that Miesha presents less of a danger, cause she's the known factor -while i.e. Holm is the unknown.

well a fight is as dramatic as an All in in poker even though you have 4A in the flop o other side still can make a flush

highly unlikely , but still possible

Ronda has demolished Miesha twice, and the fights showed Miesha presenting absolutely no ways of seriously make you believe her being able to do anything to Ronda. Cain has only lost once vs Werdum, and he even won the first round. Not much of a comparison to be made, really.

But I was obviously somewhat reaching, I admit that.

No one in their right mind expects Holm to make it out of the 1st round. NO ONE.

Tate on the other hand has already been to the third. And with a solid game plan she could realistically survive to a decision loss. While Holm has zero chance of not being finished.

Last edited:
No one in their right mind expects Holm to make it out of the 1st round. NO ONE.

Tate on the other hand has already been to the third.

I think Tate beats Holm, and she obviously deserved the fight more so than Holm, if you're looking strictly at accomplishments. I actually think Miesha did enough to deserve a third shot at Ronda.

So I'm not disagreeing really. But, and it's a great but, I'm way more intrigued for the Holm fight, cause it's a new opponent AND a (somewhat) dangerous one. At least striking, on paper, yada yada.

Miecha was Ronda's hardest fight so far by a wide margin Miecha made to the 3rd, hence being a bigger risk then Holm

are you saying that Holly Holm is a riskier fight ?

if so that is a funny shit

What kind of mentality is that? Don't risk anything? Well don't fight then, and stop pretending you're the best female MMA fighter in the world if you wont take the only relevant fight (cyborg).

Goddamnit, this freak can beat men but she can't beat a woman on the sauce?

We need Stefan Skyscraper Struve vs Matt Meathead Mittrione for the UFC HW title. Who cares about some Mexicans fighting, their names don't even alliterate. Let's get this WWE thing going full steam!!!

this has to happen, rankings be damned!! think of all the wonderful wordplay that could be had. "you know edgar allan poe respects the alliteration of Stefan Skyscraper Struve vs Matt Meathead Mittrione, joe."

Holly Hottie Holm and Honda Howdy Housey.
Doesn't get better than this.

I think Tate beats Holm, and she obviously deserved the fight more so than Holm, if you're looking strictly at accomplishments. I actually think Miesha did enough to deserve a third shot at Ronda.

So I'm not disagreeing really. But, and it's a great but, I'm way more intrigued for the Holm fight, cause it's a new opponent AND a (somewhat) dangerous one. At least striking, on paper, yada yada.

If we were talking about male HW I would agree with you

tim silvia vs Ray mercer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUx9OE7DZAo

I forgot how to embed videos

What kind of mentality is that? Don't risk anything? Well don't fight then, and stop pretending you're the best female MMA fighter in the world if you wont take the only relevant fight (cyborg).

Goddamnit, this freak can beat men but she can't beat a woman on the sauce?

on the sauce ...

who was cough one time and will be submitted to the same testes then Ronda before the fight , is not like she will be juicing in the locker room

Back