Is Ronda Rousey Pulling Pigtails? **First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digtrio

White Belt
Reaction score
Is Ronda Rousey Pulling Pigtails?

If Ronda's repeated attempts to belittle Arianny Celeste told us anything, it's that she feels threatened by Arianny, at lease in some capacity; it doesn't take DCI James Luther to figure that much out. The question is: why? IMO, the most compelling aspect of this peculiar one-sided rivalry, is not so much the content of Ronda's remarks, or keeping up with the one-up(wom)manship, but the very questioning of the apparent thrust that feeds her motivation. After all, and correct me if I'm wrong, this entire affair is the product of her very own doing; it's Ronda's production. She created this drama, consciously or not.

3775ec2e7fbde7448c3bd2916163ffb2_crop_north.png

Is Ronda Rousey pulling pigtails? I'm sure we're all familiar with the kid who, incapable of expressing their true feelings, harasses the girl they fancy. This should come as no surprise -- it's the expected outcome of growing up in a society that shuns vulnerability and ostracizes those who's personal desires are at odds with the prevailing homogeneity. Such an environment breeds fear and self-doubt very early on in life. The boy, or girl, becomes afraid of vulnerability, leading to a conflicted self-expression and often later in life, a fear of intimacy. Torn between needing her acceptance, and an overwhelming fear of vulnerability, the child is overcome with a sense of foreboding; indeed, they are powerless. Pulling pigtails may not get them the acceptance they crave, but at least they'll temporarily feel in control, powerful even. The temporary relief that this can provide reinforces itself through repeated behaviour. Therefore, these sorts of attitudes can be increasingly difficult to change with age.

rouseytatesd.jpg

Fortunately, if the child can find socially accepted avenues to channel their frustration, they can lead successful lives. However, their success won't necessarily solve their problem with vulnerability. As a result, they may become serial daters, constantly experimenting with an intent to re-discover or find themselves with each successive partner. Alternatively, they may avoid relationships altogether because they just can't risk being rejected.

Arianny Celeste has been quoted via twitter: "Pretty positive we don't get paid more than fighters. I work my ass off outside of UFC not sure if anyone notices."

Humour me for a moment, and suppose Arianny is at the weigh-ins today. I want you to consider the possibility that Ronda would like nothing more than to concede, with a whisper: "I notice."

So I leave it with you. Ronda Rousey, Arianny Celeste: an unrequited lesbian crush? Yes, no, or maybe?

139507592JH065-UFC-144-Weig.jpg

ts, you have too much free time on your hands. go find a hobby instead of making this shit post.

Arianny has a pretty face. Natures greatest gift. Ronda looks like Chunk. Nuff said.

Who cares about Arianny? Vanessa Hansen and Chrissy Blair are where it's at now.

New Zealand's Prime Minister approves this thread.

hqdefault.jpg

These are definitely ZUFFA employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back