Is Romero's title shot the most undeserved in a major promotion?(UFC/Pride/WEC/Strikeforce/Bellator)

No, it was planned as fuck

It was so fucking planned they did an entire season of TUF to promote it

If anything, Yoel is more of a "replacement" than Chael was

I think I might have mixed up Hendo and Chael. I remember there was a fight where Jones was going to fight either Hendo or Chael and one of them got injured and he refused to fight the other with when Jones actually fought Sonnen. I haven't watched TUF in so long.

He's only getting the shot because the #1 contender is injured, it's not like he was the original choice for the TS. Sometimes you have to go with a less than ideal plan B when that happens so I'm not gonna judge it as harshly

And can anyone really say Cannonier/Izzy would be a better fight than Yoel/Izzy? I don't even like Yoel but I'd rather see Yoel/Izzy just purely from an entertainment perspective

There's still Cannonier ahead of Yoel, at least he should be.

Gus getting the shot at DC coming off getting brutally KOed.

Yoel is arguably the best fighter to never be UFC champ, he deserves it.

He beat Rob twice too in my opinion, the only opinion that realistically matters.

Gus was and is the most over-hyped fighter in history and got a shot following AJ laying him out cold in his hometown.

Not with Jared Cannonier on a 3 fight winning streak including 2 top 10 wins it doesn't.

Let's be honest though, the only really good win in that streak is Hermasson.

Has to be BS-Pin´ since when he got the belt, he was the least hespected 'champ' ever.

No.

A lot of fighters got undeserving shots after lame performances. Yoel seems like he was never truly beaten down in UFC. He goes to close decisions that look like he got more damage in on his opponent than the other way around.

Why is this still a thing? Izzy wanted Paulo, Costa got hurt. Romero was the next "HARDEST" (keyword here) fight. It's really that simple. Besides nothing is confirmed. Why are people still bitching about this?

Let's be honest though, the only really good win in that streak is Hermasson.

Really good as in top 5ish yes but his 3 fight winning streak is still better than a 2 fight losing streak especially when Romero has missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights.

I think I might have mixed up Hendo and Chael. I remember there was a fight where Jones was going to fight either Hendo or Chael and one of them got injured and he refused to fight the other with when Jones actually fought Sonnen. I haven't watched TUF in so long.
He refused to fight Chael and then we got the TUF season with them.

He refused to fight Chael and then we got the TUF season with them.

Thanks, that's what it was Chael was going to be a late replacement for Hendo then Jones refused the fight and for some reason UFC decided that Sonnen should fight Jones.

Really good as in top 5ish yes but his 3 fight winning streak is still better than a 2 fight losing streak especially when Romero has missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights.

Yeah man but some of us actually look at the fights, not just the W/L column in fight finder.
And looking at the fights, there is nobody available at MW in UFC more deserving of fighting whoever holds the belt in that divisiom than Yoel Romero

Absolutely not, because that doesn’t even begin to tell the whole story...

There is something called nuance. It’s grey not black and white in the world.

people saying Hendo are wrong....

this seems to be largely based that the only way to "deserve" a titleshot is to be the number one or two contender....there are more reasons that can make a TS deserving....

Hendo was looking at the lastfight of his long and amazing career...Bisping just won the title after a long and faithful company career with the UFC, it was Bisping's only chance to avenge that brutal knockout he suffered, it was a fitting way to send Hendo off and it was a good favour to Bisping who had spent so many years as a good employee...

also....Pride ran fights with their champions sometimes that werent for the belt...the champ was just fighting ((Fedor vs TK 2 I believe was a non title)) Im not sure about Wand and some of his japanese squash matches..

there is literally nothing that makes Yoel deserve this TS if he gets it...

There's still Cannonier ahead of Yoel, at least he should be.

hahahahah, no.

Cannonier hasn't fought Izzy, Whitaker, Gastelum, Till, Costa, or Romero. ALL the people ranked in front of him.

Yoel has fought a murderers row of top 5 MW's for years now and beat most of them and performed well in his losses. He has paid his dues.

Back