Is Rockhold the only non-distant threat to Weidman?

All 3 pose great challenges for weidman.

Weidman would be favourite against all 3 though

I personally think that Weidman will be champ for a long time, but if he beats Rockhold is there anyone in the division that stylistically has a chance? Weidman has better striking then Jacare and Romero, both of which I don't think could take Weidman down or have the cardio to do it for enough rounds to win. Rockhold's striking is pretty solid and he also has a good ground game. Jacare has okay striking and amazing BJJ if he can get it there (probably can't) and Romero has powerful striking but is pretty damn sloppy so get's taken down (leaving him open to counters and if Chris is in trouble could wait for the takedown).

I disagree. Jacare is an extremely difficult matchup for the Chris because his striking is good enough to keep the Chris honest and he's obviously a cash money millionaire on the ground. He's dangerous from any position on the mat and while the Chris has shown himself to be a very high level grappler, he's not in Jacare's realm.

I don't see Yoel as much of a threat. Despite having a superior wrestling pedigree to the Chris, he leaves himself open for takedowns and he hasn't had his cardio or defensive guard tested yet.

Haha his next 3 opponents could be his toughest yet

Wb thread?

Has weidman ever even been in trouble in his career?

mw now is so exciting
just if teh chris could stay healthy
he is a classy humble guy
mesa likey

Chances are if Weidman loses any where from a close split dec to a lopsided KO or submission loss, he's gonna get a instant rematch while the other contenders wait.

I'm a Weidman fan, but I have a feeling he falls to one of the three. I wouldn't disregard Romero so easily. Now if Weidman can get past those three and you throw in his previous three opponents, that will be more impressive than anything Anderson ever did--he will be the mw goat at that point.

Chris' toughest fights are yet to come lol

I'm leary if the Romero fight ever happens since his chances are high of getting popped. If there's one guy in the UFC I'm sure is juicing it's Romero.

Back