Is Rockhold gonna be like Hendricks, who seemed to be the next big champ and then slowly faded?

all hendricks had was a left hand rockhold is more well rounded

The Hendricks in the GSP and Robbie fights had a lot are than a left hand especially in the first Robbie fight. Dude was developing nicely bthen suddenly plateaued after winning the belt and maybe even declined atleast his last 2 fights and hasn't really come close to regaining the level he got to during 2013-2014.

I watched some of Luke's interviews before and after the cancellation of the Jacare fight and in each of these he only spoke about training and MMA. I think he isn't broken mentally. The problem might be that his opponents will try to go for a fast knockout now that his chin has been partly exposed.

Anyways, Rockhold by having awesome kicks and BJJ. When Luke comes back, call me out for any type of bet you want.
Rockhold-vs-Bisping-gif.gif

@Übermacht

"Lucky." Take a look, everyone. This here is clearly a guy who understands fighting. Two professional martial artists compete, and one of them knocking the other with a well timed counter is "lucky."

Yes !!! Conner was lucky too against Aldo. Well said Sir!!!!!

I'm an unapologetic Rockhold fan so I'm very openly bias, but I still believe skill for skill he's the best fighter at 185 and I hope he takes the title again.

I'm an unapologetic Rockhold fan so I'm very openly bias, but I still believe skill for skill he's the best fighter at 185 and I hope he takes the title again.
100% my opinion.

Not the biggest Luke fan but I think he'll still have a good career, needs to tighten up his boxing and defense though, his chin might be a bit suspect.

Rockhold was still doing well post USADA, he lost one fight. He was cocky and thought he'd walk through Bisping. One thing every MMA fighter should have learned after Serra vs GSP. Bisping landed a gorgeous counter ( which he was talking about in an interview in Toronto before the fight) he was practicing the timing of over and over before they fought.

Rockhold lost, the time off even if from injury will do him and his chin good. He's a huge 185er, with cardio, speed and power. I may not be a fan of him personally but out of guys that have had the belt or fought for it Luke is one fighter I think has the ability to get it back, which is a rare thing.

Unlike Hendricks, Luke didn't leave his coaches after he lost to be his own head coach while starting on his own. Now Johnny is training with lesser fighters and has no one to tell him what he need to hear. Hendricks has surrounded himself by Yes Men.

Where as Luke Still has a real Coaching staff to help him improve daily and some excellent fighters to train with. As the old saying goes "iron sharpens Iron".

Hendricks is a sad story but not unlike another AKA Fighter who after losing a TItle shot left his coaches to go out on his own, be his own boss and start his own gym. That was Josh Koschek. Look what happend to him? Bunch of hard losses, retirement reccomended by the UFC, signed with Bellator, still hasn't fought for them but has cancelled a number of fights. Looks like Johny is taking the same road.

Hendricks got whooped by Pierce and Koscheck when on his streak. His record says otherwise though.

Still think he won the GSP fight and the second Lawler fight. But the Hendricks of late is not the same guy. He has aged tremendously in appearence and performance. Always thought he was a whiny asshole so I dont really care that he is on his way down hill career wise.
Wishes him all the best in life though.

Rockhold really looks like a solid fighter and was steam rolling everyone not called TRT Belfort. Here are a few:

Costa Philippou

tumblr_nz7vmawAjf1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

Michael Bisping

Luke%2BRockhold%2BHead%2BKicks%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B55%2BUberlandia.gif
Luke%2BRockhold%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B(3).gif

Lyoto Machida

RashHonestKiskadee.gif
YJSmfFd.gif

Rockhold became the man who beat the man who beat the GOAT. And when he destroyed Chris, the way he did it made it look like he was gonna be the next big thing at MW.
giphy1.gif

giphy.gif

But then, his "so much cock" attitude made him lose the belt to Bisping in a 1st round KO, when noone expected that to happen.
CwW6NgI.gif
0qdk6mr.gif

And after that, he had a fight scheduled against Jacare to maybe determine the next contender at Bisping´s belt.... but an injury got him out of the fight, putting him further away from recovering the belt..... and to tell you the truth after his KO loss to Bisping, I don´t know if many people would consider him favourite anymore against guys like Romero or Jacare.

So....

All these expectations about Rockhold reminded me of Hendricks.... Yes, I know their stories are different and so are the circumstances. But still, both guys seemed like they would be the next dominant champ at their respective divisions.

But look what happened to Hendricks....

So my question is:

Does anybody think Rockhold will have the same fate and slowly fade away? Or will he get back on track and get that belt again eventually?

Completely ignorant... Rockhold and Johnny Hendricks are 2 completely different fighters. You are completely ignorant and retarded. Rockhold actually finished every single fight hes had in the UFC. Hendricks hasn't. Rockhold is much more athletic than Hendricks, Rockhold has more discipline than Hendricks. Even if Virtor was on TRT, in a rematch, Rockhold takes it.

He thought he could do something different against Bisping instead of playing his A game.

He will be back but its tough at the top. Odds on he gets a belt again but far from certain.

Bisping just got lucky Rockhold will be back. As for the injury he trains at AKA is normal

bipsing was trying to fuck him up with that punch and bipsings coach was smug as fuck because he had spotted this very hole in lukes game

i dont think luck is the way to describe what happened

Bisping just got lucky Rockhold will be back. As for the injury he trains at AKA is normal
I also thought Bisping got Lucky too then I saw Mike's fight vs Hendo Mike's boxing is some of the best in mma his striking and countering off the center line rolling with punches his feet movement he beat Luke fair and square.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say 'lucky' but Luke certainly is the superior fighter.

But you're bang on the money with AKA gym. Cain, DC, Rockhold and Khabib... they must have some medieval training regime because they're always fucking injured haha

No! He will do fine. He lost one fight, and that was vs the no 1 MW.

Weidman and Rockhold are going to be around for a while. Yoel looks very scary but he's 40 and things are going to start changing very quickly for him, especially if/when he gets popped again.

Having said that he's a big fish in what some of you have already (and rightly so) called a shark tank. I know Weidman lost twice but if you count him out you're going to be sorely disappointed. Same thing with Luke if he decides to come back.

Also Jacare, who got robbed in that decision late last year.

Finally you really can't diss Michael Bisping- he's legit and can catch anyone if they're not careful.

Came here expecting pics of retreating hairline comparison pics of RockSalt and Big Rigg.

I am disappoint

I think Rockhold will return in good form. I think before the Bisping fight he had trained extensively in boxing and it ended up working against him. Instead of throwing straight punches & kicks at a little bit of distance he tried to box and use head movement and shoulder rolls. He tried to change his style and Bisping is a better boxer than he anticipated so he paid for it.

Came here expecting pics of retreating hairline comparison pics of RockSalt and Big Rigg.

I am disappoint

I think Hendricks has always had a severely receded hairline since he's been in the UFC.

Back