Is rock music these days all electronic?

TeTe

yeah, she squats
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Jesus, I actually started listening to radio again a few weeks ago and realized that the current state of rock/alternative is pretty bad. Do these bands even play instruments anymore? Sounds like this music could double up for play on the local hip hop/R&B station as well.

On our local rock/alternative station you can tell when a song is from the 90s or early 2000s because the band actually plays instruments... then we get this cvrches, Sir Sly, 21 pilots shit that is all synth.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

"Back in my day, Timmy, musicians played instruments!"

"Back in my day, Timmy, musicians played instruments!"
LOL yeah it's like they're merging all this dubstep and other weird new wave shit in their music

Fuck Imagine Dragons.

I'm not trying to say that new music all blows.. I love the Arctic Monkeys and Cage the Elephant and some others.. but again, they actually play instruments.

Almost every rock band uses drum samples now, even if they have a badass drummer

Sad

Ugh, all my youngest students love Imagine Dragons.

LOL yeah it's like they're merging all this dubstep and other weird new wave shit in their music
Fuck Imagine Dragons.

Imagine Dragons is considered Rock?! The terrorists have won.

Jesus, I actually started listening to radio again a few weeks ago and realized that the current state of rock/alternative is pretty bad. Do these bands even play instruments anymore? Sounds like this music could double up for play on the local hip hop/R&B station as well.

On our local rock/alternative station you can tell when a song is from the 90s or early 2000s because the band actually plays instruments... then we get this cvrches, Sir Sly, 21 pilots shit that is all synth.

Well first problem you have is those aren't rock bands. And it seems like all rock stations have converted over to sissy ass pop bands now. There's still plenty of real music being made.

There are good creative bands still. Royal Blood for example. But 99% are shit, sadly.

WTF is Cvrches

TeTe you're selling out

Like everything decent you have to spend time searching for it, especially these days when music is everywhere.

I am listing IPL songs Indian Premier League Title Song
IPL 2018 in INDIA
Check this out IPL 2018

I know ive posted somebullshit but i try
Marcushearn
Sc and YT

So, can we say that Electric Guitars have been replaced by Electronic Guitars now?

A lot of real rock can be found overseas....

.......but there's plenty still in the USA.

Buckethead recognizes a youtube guitarist in the front row and...................

Last edited:
Back