Is Robert Whitaker the only champ with no outstanding qualities.

I'm a fan of Bobby Knuckles.

But he has been unlucky with injuries and he hasn't racked up a lot of title defences, so I can understand the doubters and shit talkers.

proving my point. You and other posters like you are very jarring to me. I never ever say that robert isn't elite. or he isn't one of the best champs out there. all I've ever really said is that there are a lot of giys in the division that beat him. not sure why your panties are in a twist. did you have a really special night with rob out in Sydney or something?

Well to be fair, he never beat an actually ufc champ. not a single one. He also never won his title from a champion either. Although i do not agree with the sentiment that he is overrated as a champion, that title belongs only to tyron woodley
You've said there's a lot of active guys in the MW division with a better record than the Reaper. You think most top MWs beat him then exclude Jacare and Romero from the top MWs to further your point, not to mention you're on the record suggesting Weidman and Rockhold beat the Reaper which is just laughable. Rockhold's become so chinny with the weight cut to 185 he's had to move up. Weidman would get destroyed on the feet by the Reaper and wouldn't be able to keep him on the ground. Basically in summation you're a moron.

The very FACT that he's a champion UFC fighter at his weight-class essentially completely nullifies any suggestion that he has no outstanding qualities.

You cannot have "no outstanding qualities" as a UFC champion.

You've said there's a lot of active guys in the MW division with a better record than the Reaper. You think most top MWs beat him then exclude Jacare and Romero from the top MWs to further your point, not to mention you're on the record suggesting Weidman and Rockhold beat the Reaper which is just laughable. Rockhold's become so chinny with the weight cut to 185 he's had to move up. Weidman would get destroyed on the feet by the Reaper and wouldn't be able to keep him on the ground. Basically in summation you're a moron.
I think you're just some kind of fan boy but alright. NO MIDDLEWEIGHT walking this earth can beat robert whittaker. he is an unstoppable force who has seen no adversity in any of his bouts.

His best skill imo is his TDD and ability to get up quickly when he is taken down. He's truly one of the best imo in the sport right now at that.

He's definitely a striker and doesn't take the fight to the ground often. I think he has underrated power and definitely has great cardio, heart, and a good chin.

I think you're just some kind of fan boy but alright. NO MIDDLEWEIGHT walking this earth can beat robert whittaker. he is an unstoppable force who has seen no adversity in any of his bouts.
I never remotely said that. Romero got damn close. Israel will be a massive challenge but to act like he's overrated when he's the only active fighter to have beaten Yoel Romero is just asinine.

Even though most people are disagreeing with you TS, I kind of feel the same way. Maybe I am underestimating him, but I think his greatest skill is his heart. Dude is freaking tough. He did finish Jacare though. I think the next fight will tell a lot, but I am not fully sold on him yet. He seems to be a helluva guy though, so I will be rooting for him against Israel.

act like he's overrated when he's the only active fighter to have beaten Yoel Romero is just asinine.

dude.. I've never detracted from that once. It's an incredible accomplishment, Yoel is one of my favourite fighters and while I only agree that it could have been scored a draw or a win for yoel, Robert made weight and got the win but this is the UFC MW division. Among the top 10 it's one of the most competitive divisions. Even Yoel has decisions people don't think he won (jacare) and matches where he was losing many rounds and gassed before landing a hail mary (weidman, brunson,) in my mind he's never looked "unbeatable" and that isn't because he isn't great, it's because middleweight is THAT competitive. Lots of the top guys have wins and losses to the other top guys. Whittaker just hasn't been there as long as those other guys yet in middleweight. I think the division is too competitive to have a long reigning champion everyone in the division has bad match ups. there is no "gsp" or "silva" of middleweight yet.

any version of silva would get rekt by any version of whittaker, yoel, izzy, jacare, mousasi and weidman. your idol is a proven cheater and broke a leg for it. robs already surpassed him as mw goat and that eats at your heart everyday. beating yoel twice and smashing jacare>belfort, hendo and what franklin? lol
Keep dreaming

He fucks everyone up with his kickboxing.

Seeing how he's the middleweight champ I'd say hes a pretty good kickboxer.

Romero gave Robert a beating
We don't know how much chin he has left
He might've recovered, and a healthy Rob wrecks Adesanya

Back