Is Robert Whitaker the only champ with no outstanding qualities.

Whittaker does have great striking, but probably not the BEST striking
Adesanya, obviously, has much better striking credentials.
good thing is they are going to fight, so if he outstrikes adesanya, then it would/will be fair to say he has the best striking at MW (the thread did not mention weightclass but whatever, it was probably implicit)
since thay haven't fought yet, I think it is premature to say that about rob
I also think mousasi is around there but it's a debatable personnal opinion, while regarding adesanya, there are evidence and credentials.

You're bringing up guys who potentially could outstrike Whittaker. I disagree on Moose, and we just saw Adesanya go life and death with Kelvin. There's not a lot of evidence.

Either way, TS is objectively wrong. Read his post again. If you can't make a strong argument that Adesanya and Mousasi would outstrike Whittaker then clearly he is outstanding in that category.

Last edited:
Lol Bobby knucks was fighting the real #1 contenders while Bisping was taking on a 70 year old Hendo. Even as an interim champ Robbie was a more legitimate MW Champ.

GSP would have been mollywhopped against Whittaker also.
Anderson would KO whitaker

Whitaker does not have outstanding striking, he is a good striker but not the best. He has ok BJJ and Wrestling but he is not the best. He has decent power but not the most powerful. He is a generalist in the truest sense of the word.

Yoel beat him handily in the second fight.

Now that TJ is not a champ anymore, yes. Borderline top 5 of the pretty weak division he's champ of IMO. No one at 185 including Israel's going to be as tough to beat as Romero was those two times but IMO he didn't actually beat Romero either time. I honestly don't know how he went the distance twice with that guy and still has his belt so I guess his luck is an outstanding quality and anything is possible. Should fight Eddie for title of the P4P luckiest fighter of all time.

You're bringing up guys who potentially could outstrike Whittaker. I disagree on Moose, and we just saw Adesanya go life and death with Kelvin. There's not a lot of evidence.

Either way, TS is objectively wrong. Read his post again. If you can't make a strong argument that Adesanya and Mousasi would outstrike Whittaker then clearly he is outstanding in that category.

I am making the argument that Adesanya would outstrike Robert, based on his kickboxing pedigree
It s not because of one hard fight that I would disregard it
Following your logic I could say Whittaker got knocked down and nearly koed twice by a wrestler so his striking must not be that good.
Once again outstanding yes, the best probably not

I am making the argument that Adesanya would outstrike Robert, based on his kickboxing pedigree
It s not because of one hard fight that I would disregard it
Following your logic I could say Whittaker got knocked down and nearly koed twice by a wrestler so his striking must not be that good.
Once again outstanding yes, the best probably not

You're insane to refer to Romero as just "a wrestler." He doesn't even use his wrestling.

Also. lol at "probably not." Have you watched Adesanya in his past few fights? He was getting outstruck until Kelvin gassed. There is no solid evidence he would outstrike Whittaker. Possible yes. Probable no.

Whitaker does not have outstanding striking, he is a good striker but not the best. He has ok BJJ and Wrestling but he is not the best. He has decent power but not the most powerful. He is a generalist in the truest sense of the word.

You have no clue what your talking about

He is very well rounded

He is the champ and it's safe to say he is the most well rounded in his division

He does everything good
Boxing
Kicking
Wrestling
Takedown defense
Grappling

He mixes everything well when he needs to

Robert is one of the best at moving in and then weaving back out.

Now that TJ is not a champ anymore, yes. Borderline top 5 of the pretty weak division he's champ of IMO. No one at 185 including Israel's going to be as tough to beat as Romero was those two times but IMO he didn't actually beat Romero either time. I honestly don't know how he went the distance twice with that guy and still has his belt so I guess his luck is an outstanding quality and anything is possible. Should fight Eddie for title of the P4P luckiest fighter of all time.

Didn't beat Romero either time? Pffffft gtfo

Handily? You and I have a very different definition of the word

Back