Is Robert Whitaker the only champ with no outstanding qualities.

He has outstoutstanding striking and tdd..do you eve have a functioning brain ts?

Youre going to catch a lot of heat for that ts. I agree with you but whittaker may be sherdogs consensus favourite fighter right now.

He probably has some of the best defensive wrestling ever.

I think he just doesn't stand out in people's minds cause he doesn't act like an over the top, obnoxious prick.

Jacare had is back and Whittaker got out of it and KO'd him

lol he is one of the best strikers in the game today, he has the 2nd best TDD ever, and his cardio is very good. He is the only middleweight I see who really fights like a lighter weight fighter (which takes its toll, causes him to fatigue just a bit but enough for his hands to drop more which is why he got cracked by Yoel).

don't see why everybody is upset.
whitaker is a great fighter, no doubt, and a legit champ.
saying he is a generalist, good at everything, but not the BEST in a single discipline isn't dissing him, on the contrary, this is MMA, a "generalist" game
I agree with TS, or maybe you could say he's the best at blending everything, if you really need for him to be the best at something besides fighting at 185 right now

If Whittaker doesn't have great striking then who the hell at middleweight does?

I agree with this. He isnt some top champion like people want him to be he barely survives his last fight and forfeits the Gastelum fight via pulling out after the weigh in. What has he done to gain the hype? Got beat the fuck up by Romero lol, that's his big accomplishment
Truth

If Whittaker doesn't have great striking then who the hell at middleweight does?

Whittaker does have great striking, but probably not the BEST striking
Adesanya, obviously, has much better striking credentials.
good thing is they are going to fight, so if he outstrikes adesanya, then it would/will be fair to say he has the best striking at MW (the thread did not mention weightclass but whatever, it was probably implicit)
since thay haven't fought yet, I think it is premature to say that about rob
I also think mousasi is around there but it's a debatable personnal opinion, while regarding adesanya, there are evidence and credentials.

Whitaker does not have outstanding striking, he is a good striker but not the best. He has ok BJJ and Wrestling but he is not the best. He has decent power but not the most powerful. He is a generalist in the truest sense of the word.
What the fuck are you talking about? He virtually never gets taken down, got Jacare off of his back, and outstruck Yoel fucking Romero.

wtf?! He survived yoel remoero for 50 minutes. To me that's better than any belt.

His toughness and drive are what make him unique. Dude is a beast!

Whitaker does not have outstanding striking, he is a good striker but not the best. He has ok BJJ and Wrestling but he is not the best. He has decent power but not the most powerful. He is a generalist in the truest sense of the word.
<mma3>

People give Whittaker too much credit. He didn't even with the belt legitimately, he got promoted to champ.

1 defense (which isn't a technical defense since Romero missed weight), and he got smashed in that fight and somehow won the decision.

Bob's got everything to prove.

Lol Bobby knucks was fighting the real #1 contenders while Bisping was taking on a 70 year old Hendo. Even as an interim champ Robbie was a more legitimate MW Champ.

GSP would have been mollywhopped against Whittaker also.

Back