Is Robert Whitaker the only champ with no outstanding qualities.

His name is Bobby Knuckles for a reason.

Bobby Knuckles is one of the best fighters on the planet dummy.

He made Roidero look like a total amateur for the first 3 rounds of the rematch

If you can outwrestke and outstrike Yoel twice you’re probably outstanding in those trades.

What are you talking about? His striking is fantastic and he was able to stuff Romero's take downs easily

Better to be well rounded as a champion rather than having one quality that everybody can expose...kinda like the guy in your AV. Wrestlers are his kryptonite
This. Even Silva shills such as @grimballer cant deny the fact that their cheating idol was a one dimensional / overrated fighter

Lol, another Anderson Silva fan, Whittaker has a strong chance to overtake Silva as the goat in a few years.

I agree with the TS. Whittaker has no outstanding qualities whatsoever, besides looking good.

{<jordan}

Insecure gsp fanboys...

Still have to bash the goat to feel better about their duck
Dont make these kind of baseless accusations . I've never bashed the greatest of all time (Georges St-Pierre)

Dont make these kind of baseless accusations . I've never bashed the greatest of all time (Georges St-Pierre)

Gsp = goat...

{<jordan}

6a00e54f871a9c8833013484e42980970c-500wi

don't see why everybody is upset.
whitaker is a great fighter, no doubt, and a legit champ.
saying he is a generalist, good at everything, but not the BEST in a single discipline isn't dissing him, on the contrary, this is MMA, a "generalist" game
I agree with TS, or maybe you could say he's the best at blending everything, if you really need for him to be the best at something besides fighting at 185 right now

Gsp = goat...

{<jordan}

6a00e54f871a9c8833013484e42980970c-500wi
GSP is clearly the greatest fighter of all time . Cheaters such as Anderson SIlva and Jon Jones cant even come close to the one true GOAT
Water is wet , Fire burns , GSP IS THE GOAT

Last edited:
Whitaker does not have outstanding striking, he is a good striker but not the best. He has ok BJJ and Wrestling but he is not the best. He has decent power but not the most powerful. He is a generalist in the truest sense of the word.

So who has better striking at MW? It sure as hell aint Old Silva so he is out, it aint Yoel since he has beaten him twice, it aint Adensaya cause hasnt proven himself enough yet and it certainly aint Weidman or Jacare. So who do you got left at MW? Yeah no one.

He might have the best TDD in the UFC along with Jose Aldo.

His striking is good enough to smoke Jacaré and outstrike Romero twice. He might not be flashy but he is effective as fuck.

People give Whittaker too much credit. He didn't even with the belt legitimately, he got promoted to champ.

1 defense (which isn't a technical defense since Romero missed weight), and he got smashed in that fight and somehow won the decision.

Bob's got everything to prove.
I agree with this. He isnt some top champion like people want him to be he barely survives his last fight and forfeits the Gastelum fight via pulling out after the weigh in. What has he done to gain the hype? Got beat the fuck up by Romero lol, that's his big accomplishment

What are you talking about? His striking is fantastic and he was able to stuff Romero's take downs easily

Better to be well rounded as a champion rather than having one quality that everybody can expose...kinda like the guy in your AV. Wrestlers are his kryptonite

75937707.jpg

Excellent TDD and scrambling ability. Other than that, you are correct TS. I think Mousasi beats Whittaker handily

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back